148.2db with 12 AcDelco 6 1/2" subs!!LOL

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChopShop Racing
10+ year member

my friend was building system for his camaro. he already had his highs and mids changed out with infinitys. but when he did that, it took out all the bass. he got a pinox gold 700.1 amp and a cap from a friend he works with for 300$. he came to me and ask me what he should do. i told him he should get some audiobahn subs, but he didntt have that kinda money after he bought all the other stuff. he was going to put his old monsoon-Acdelco subs back in, i just had a thought it would be funny if we hooked the 2 subs up to the amp at 2 ohms and blow out the speckers, we had the radio and the amp turnd all the way down to begin with, (just to keep it safe to not kill the amp too). it really didnt sound that bad at all. the 2 subs would make a cracking sound if we turnd it past 5. on his head unit.but al 4, they sounded pretty ok. so i thought, "it would be cool if we went to the junk yard and took all the subs from all the wrecked camaros and fierbirds.. we got like 10 of them, witch only cost us 20$(paid for 2, through the rest over the fence). so now we had a total of 12 subs to play with. got a camaro box for 2 12s 75$, and moded it to fit the 12 - 6 1/2s. at first wird them into 3 siries paralel lines of 4subs at 4ohms, the 3 groups in parellel, i thinks that like 1.5ohms total, witch maks for about a good 1400watts rms on the one PG amp. any way, wee took it to the usac comp and got 3rd place. ppl asked us what we had and we told them nothing but AcDelcos and they were like whatever. they wouldent belive it unless we showed them. but all and all, we spent about 450$ and got 148.2db.

yeah but thats pretty gay...thats as bad as the guy who was at the last comp i was at and hid deck wouldn't even read the iasca test disc....**** those low end equipment buyers.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.