1992 Honda Civic Big 3 Installation *Pics* 56k Beware

do you have the riced out lights and the underglow? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif lol jk
I wish....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Here is a picture of the BIG 3 complete on my civic! This was the first time I had ever done this before, and it really wasnt even that hard! After reading everything to do, I didnt get any sparks or screw anything up. Car starts fine and cant wait to install the complete new system!

d.amn..I got sparks when i tried to reconnect the negative terminal onto the battery. Is this normal?

My car goes into protection mode or something...it will start honking and stuff on its on. It scares me...but I think I was connecting it in the right sequence.

Unpluggd the negative first..hook up the power wires and stuff...and then when i tried to connect the negative back onto the battery..it gave me sparks and car started honking and stuff.

now all you have to do is ziptie all those hanging wires up so nothing catches fire lol.

idea, the egnine ground to chassis ground upgrade, i like how you grounded to the head on the engine. why not take that ground to the strut frame instead of that thin metal edge you have it connected to right now?

and why did you take the fused alt->batt wire and run it under everything and let it hang? bring it over the other wires and secure the fuse holder to the firewall (stickytape maybe - or if theres nothin on the other side just screw it in) and ziptie the wire up there?

4chnmhk.jpg

The chassis-ground that I have right now skip told me was kind of useless, because their is a better chass engine ground spot around the intake, so im going to do that when I get time, it couldnt hurt to move the one I have now though to the strut area. The reason why its at where its at is because thats where the stock location was, figured I should just replace it.

Honestly I didnt even think about how I was going to run the Alternator cable, I just did it and went with it. I will go back later before I install everything and make sure its in a safe spot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.