1993 exploder build

If your voltage is better with a new box, then your not pulling as much power..which is bad.
Also it's really relieving to actually see someone comment on this thread I was beginning to believe no one looks at this log [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also it's really relieving to actually see someone comment on this thread I was beginning to believe no one looks at this log [emoji24]

Haha. Caraudio.com honestly has about 10 active members. They are always the ones chiming in but it is the spl site. Try diyma. Lots of activity there but def more Sq oriented

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

That girl looked absolutely unimpressed in the video :p.

How many tools have you actually bought? Ive used sooo many of "what I find in the garage" [emoji14]

That girl looked absolutely unimpressed in the video :p.
How many tools have you actually bought? Ive used sooo many of "what I find in the garage" [emoji14]

She has pretty sensitive ears, I had to beg her to let me see if it moved some hair haha! And most of the tools are from my grandfather who passed and my older brother haha. Besides my wire cutters, hammer crimper and some power tools most every thing I got was just hammy downs from family. Whatever works though! Yeah I was thinking about posting this log on diyma or caco. Idk of the diyma community would appreciate this [emoji28]

She has pretty sensitive ears, I had to beg her to let me see if it moved some hair haha! And most of the tools are from my grandfather who passed and my older brother haha. Besides my wire cutters, hammer crimper and some power tools most every thing I got was just hammy downs from family. Whatever works though! Yeah I was thinking about posting this log on diyma or caco. Idk of the diyma community would appreciate this [emoji28]

Screw em, do it anyway. See what happens.

Screw em, do it anyway. See what happens.
Alright haha I'll have to copy these over to each sometime! Thanks for the advice though. I'm really happy to finally have 5k+ power. Never imagined I'd have this stuff. Remember getting on these forums and seeing so

Many amazing builds.

[quote name='atoz2']Alright haha I'll have to copy these over to each sometime! Thanks for the advice though. I'm really happy to finally have 5k+ power. Never imagined I'd have this stuff. Remember getting on these forums and seeing so
Many amazing builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Couple things, You should be VERY careful about low voltage on high powered applications. You can blow **** up quickly on a hot day. Your upgrade path should be focused on everything electrical to keep that voltage steady. When you can park and pound and not worry about voltage, then worry about getting louder/add speakers.

As for getting louder, im sure you know this but doubling power and doubling cone area is the same 3 DB gain so your power constraints get real limited, real fast.

Have you considered building a wall?

Keep in mind weight as you add things, leaf springs, shocks, ect become an issue. @adulbrich knows all about that.

Cheapest route to getting loud for you right now should be focused on bracing the **** out of everything. CLD, thick mdf where you can fit it and expanding foam in every nook and cranny. The more rattles and panel flex your getting, the less acoustic energy your actually getting. Not that their cheap but GP Deadener seems to be some incredible stuff for spl crowds. GP STFU SOUND DEADENER - gp car audio

As for speakers, 6.5s can have less than a 5" inner diameter so they will fit into your hole with an adapter. Or you could just **** up the hole and glass 8s.
Speakers - PWX Pro Midranges - Crescendo Audio Factory Direct Online Store
Great 6,8,10s ^

Have you played around with tuning at all? find your resonant freq and tune to that if you just want to be stupid loud without any musicality at all. Look into making an adjustable port.

Im gonna stress this part. Make sure what you buy is future proofed because everything audio related loses 50% of its value the moment you open it. Subs ESPECIALLY because you can get free shipping on them but lose 1/4 of your profit from shipping them to someone else. Subs are hard A'F' to sell. so buy the biggest, baddest gear you can the first time.

[quote name='The Camry']Couple things, You should be VERY careful about low voltage on high powered applications. You can blow **** up quickly on a hot day. Your upgrade path should be focused on everything electrical to keep that voltage steady. When you can park and pound and not worry about voltage, then worry about getting louder/add speakers.

As for getting louder, im sure you know this but doubling power and doubling cone area is the same 3 DB gain so your power constraints get real limited, real fast.

Have you considered building a wall?

Keep in mind weight as you add things, leaf springs, shocks, ect become an issue. @adulbrich knows all about that.

Cheapest route to getting loud for you right now should be focused on bracing the **** out of everything. CLD, thick mdf where you can fit it and expanding foam in every nook and cranny. The more rattles and panel flex your getting, the less acoustic energy your actually getting. Not that their cheap but GP Deadener seems to be some incredible stuff for spl crowds. GP STFU SOUND DEADENER - gp car audio

As for speakers, 6.5s can have less than a 5" inner diameter so they will fit into your hole with an adapter. Or you could just **** up the hole and glass 8s.
Speakers - PWX Pro Midranges - Crescendo Audio Factory Direct Online Store
Great 6,8,10s ^

Have you played around with tuning at all? find your resonant freq and tune to that if you just want to be stupid loud without any musicality at all. Look into making an adjustable port.

Im gonna stress this part. Make sure what you buy is future proofed because everything audio related loses 50% of its value the moment you open it. Subs ESPECIALLY because you can get free shipping on them but lose 1/4 of your profit from shipping them to someone else. Subs are hard A'F' to sell. so buy the biggest, baddest gear you can the first time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm pretty careful with my voltage. Always keep it in check. I have not found my resonant frequency. Only really tuned to 32 and 27 so far. What specific expanding foam is the one to use? I know great stuff but I've heard the big gap filler warps panels. And I never knew pwx were 5" inner diameter that's great. I have some sky high deadener comming, i'd like to do the doors and front roof with that sound deadener showdown stuff with the mlv already on it. And most everything I buy is used. Tend to get some good deals.

Yeah I'm pretty careful with my voltage. Always keep it in check. I have not found my resonant frequency. Only really tuned to 32 and 27 so far. What specific expanding foam is the one to use? I know great stuff but I've heard the big gap filler warps panels. And I never knew pwx were 5" inner diameter that's great. I have some sky high deadener comming, i'd like to do the doors and front roof with that sound deadener showdown stuff with the mlv already on it. And most everything I buy is used. Tend to get some good deals.

Get a mic, even a basic one(phone) might work at low volume. Basically, do a freq sweep and find the second peak that isnt your box tuning.

Idk that the pwx have a 5" mounting, just saying that some 6.5s do so check.

I honestly dont know about the expanding foam stuff or which to use. I just know thats what you should do...Haha. research it

I believe the reason panels get warped is because people put in too much, too fast and dont understand that the foam expands throughout time. So you want to add small amounts over the period of days.

0ef0bb18f0e70f1d98bf12a0a9cb466a.gif

From left to right. Left peak is box tuning gain, second peak is cabin resonant frequency. If you tune to cabin freq. They pretty much combine. **** gets loud

Maybe, with 2 amps I'll finally have the power I need for these. Probably see how they preform and that might be the next option. I don't know how well It would go but If everything points that way by the summer that might have to happen. Although I'd probably get 2 more 15s or resolve these to 18s. Also your build log is awesome!

c0ec91b881874e938db4e31dc22bf8b8.jpg
got my sky high deadener! More lugs and heat shrink!! Time to get the roof deadened and the second 175.1 in!!! Also got my strapping RCA and some speaker wire!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.