1993 exploder build

Boom!!!

99ce90969d9fb984a0d14b2dfb74a48b.jpg
bb064d639ad0028d19184341cd5e39b8.jpg
d9458c2282a297c5e9d10ff3ae17576d.jpg
68bba09d8acde590d966d4273fde47ae.jpg

So big update! I got the second amplifier in the amps are strapped at 2 ohms! Seems a little louder might need to tune a bit more! Also got the roof foamed and deadened. Gotta still figure out the doors but it's going good gonna clean up some mess tomorrow and hopefully replace the headliner fabric soon and get that back on the roof!

lil video! https://vimeo.com/182796989

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure your voltage stays high, buy an oscilloscope and correctly set gains, Check your headunit to see if there is any bass setting that needs to be adjusted.

How confident are you in your box? is it braced or glassed on the inside? Are you getting any port noise.

Make sure your voltage stays high, buy an oscilloscope and correctly set gains, Check your headunit to see if there is any bass setting that needs to be adjusted.
How confident are you in your box? is it braced or glassed on the inside? Are you getting any port noise.
Voltage is actually better with the 2 amps. And box is braced with some 1 inch wooden dowel. It's not glasses and I don't have any port noise.

Strange. Just seems like you should be getting more out of that.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Yeah but I played around with it today while driving and it was a lot more violent today for some reason. Also this is the first time I've ever smelt the subwoofers

Yeah but I played around with it today while driving and it was a lot more violent today for some reason. Also this is the first time I've ever smelt the subwoofers

Oh god oh god oh god. Stop! You SHOULD NEVER smell the subs. You are definitely clipping your amplifier.

Oh god oh god oh god. Stop! You SHOULD NEVER smell the subs. You are definitely clipping your amplifier.
I definitely am not clipping but when I sit playing full tilt for 3-4 songs things tend to get warm

Warm and smelling your subs are different. Have you checked final ohm load?
Yeah I'm still at 2 ohms, although the motors themselves don't get warm like when I was at .5 and the amps are barley getting warm. Like compared to .5 is say their cold haha

Subs smell for two reasons.

You're either melting excess glue from a new sub.

Or

You're overpowering the subs. This can happen from clipping and distortion caused by that which exceeds an amps capacity tremendously. This can also happen from simply exceeding thermal limits from normal not distorted signal (overpowering)

You may be using a dirty song. Songs that have been boosted. Your headunit could also have a boosted setting or something similar that is messing with the bass signal.

Subs smell for two reasons.
You're either melting excess glue from a new sub.

Or

You're overpowering the subs. This can happen from clipping and distortion caused by that which exceeds an amps capacity tremendously. This can also happen from simply exceeding thermal limits from normal not distorted signal (overpowering)

You may be using a dirty song. Songs that have been boosted. Your headunit could also have a boosted setting or something similar that is messing with the bass signal.

So nothing to do with the fact that he's running two 3200W amps into two 1200W subs? You guys really need to give it a rest with this "clipping" boogeyman.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.