1994 Geo Tracker Build, a rather EXTREME one at that..

It has character:thumbupw:
thanks! after i finish mounting the front speakers, i plan to grind out all the rust and paint it a bit. the hood, i want to show the face of the joker with a bunch of "hahah" behind it.

this is after i've already replace the exhaust manifold, the muffler(with a 22 inch cherrybomb), and gave it a tune-up, which it desperately needed. probably going to cover the center consoles with that black patent leather i used for the rear arm. i also have to replace the glove box, though i've no idea where i'm going to find one.

i'm kinda new to the whole car audio game, should i put some of that polyester into my sealed box? and maybe the felt or whatever you lined it with? i need to open it back up to caulk it anyways, it's nowhere near air tight. it's probably like half a cube with a 12 inch pioneer shallow mount in it.

i'm kinda new to the whole car audio game, should i put some of that polyester into my sealed box? and maybe the felt or whatever you lined it with? i need to open it back up to caulk it anyways, it's nowhere near air tight. it's probably like half a cube with a 12 inch pioneer shallow mount in it.
i've always used felt. you shouldn't need to caulk the enclosure in the first place though. if you use biscuits, nails, or screws, wood glue, not to mention whatever fabric is on the outside, it should be okay. a lot of people tend to overdue it on the glue when it's not really nessesary. wood glue can hold A LOT when you have a bit of help. i swear by biscuits, and a biscuit cutter isn't even that expensive.

why isn't it airtight?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.