1996 Buick Regal Question

Participant count
  • Participant list
The front valve cover gasket on my Regal is leaking a little bit of oil down to the exhaust manifold causing an oil burning smell....I have the new gasket and I want to replace it, I was wondering if anyone had a run through process on this and could give me some help or maybe a Haynes manual attachment to guide me....any help appreciated, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The front valve cover gasket on my Regal is leaking a little bit of oil down to the exhaust manifold causing an oil burning smell....I have the new gasket and I want to replace it, I was wondering if anyone had a run through process on this and could give me some help or maybe a Haynes manual attachment to guide me....any help appreciated, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Drain the oil.and look for the small bolt heads and remove the small bolts holding the valve cover on. Next take off the valve cover and remove the gasket,it may be rubber or it maybe a composite cork type material.If it is a cork type gasket make sure to scrape off the remaining gasket,get a can of gasket sealant lightly spray the gasket(if it's cork type) lay it down line it up and put the valve cover back on.Should be a 20 minute job if you are efficient about it.

Drain the oil.and look for the small bolt heads and remove the small bolts holding the valve cover on. Next take off the valve cover and remove the gasket,it may be rubber or it maybe a composite cork type material.If it is a cork type gasket make sure to scrape off the remaining gasket,get a can of gasket sealant lightly spray the gasket(if it's cork type) lay it down line it up and put the valve cover back on.Should be a 20 minute job if you are efficient about it.
Lol good guiding, and I should have explained a little better, if I were to take a picture of the motor surrounding would u know if I should be able to get around half the **** covering the valve cover or am I gonna have to take all this junk off? There are motor mounts and im not sure if I can get around them or the plug wire mounting thing...

i'm assuming it is the 3800 series,if I am correct,first you need to remove the plastic cover,next if you are looking at the engine bay frome the front you are gonna have a 2 front mounts one on the left and one on the right.You will need to remove the LEFT side,after removing the left side the distributer mount will come right off,from there just follow the instructions from post 2.The motor will be just fine being supported by the right mount and the rear mount.

i'm assuming it is the 3800 series,if I am correct,first you need to remove the plastic cover,next if you are looking at the engine bay frome the front you are gonna have a 2 front mounts one on the left and one on the right.You will need to remove the LEFT side,after removing the left side the distributer mount will come right off,from there just follow the instructions from post 2.The motor will be just fine being supported by the right mount and the rear mount.
Yea thats wat I figured I had to do, I dont have a floorjack to take tension off the mount and I assumed I do so I just took it somewhere and they are doing it for $30 bucks and I kinda need my car asap but thanks for all your input man.

I dont see a point In draining the oil,but to each his own.
It is due an oil change but I wanted to get this done first, Hopefully will have it in the morning to change it myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.