1st Gen Orion 225 HCCA

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trey Champagne

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 1st Gen Orion 225 HCCA, but no speaker wire harness. It’s the attachment that plugs into this (shown below). I ordered the parts (the plug, the rods, & some 12 gauge wire; the issue I’m having is not being able to find a diagram detailing what wire goes where?

Can any of you guys point me in the right direction to where instructions and/or a diagram can be found?

Thank you in advanced

Attachments

• IMG_4644.jpeg
    IMG_4644.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
As Stated.. You can do a google search, Looks like to me on that plug. Top two rows are speaker, but do not remember if top is Right, 1 then+ same with left next row down, and that last single pin looks like the Remote wire connection/on-off. I could be wrong.Deff google it up,and or give Orion Techs a call. They should be able to help.

Another source .... FBook page "Old School Stereo buy and sale page ran by Derric Wils. /Aka Big D Wizz. He has a few of those amps and just ask a question on site, he should know exactly what pins are on that molex type speaker & remote plug.
Old School Stereo.com

Last owner did you right with the power and ground
Thanks for leaving a little room to wiggle with
Don't try and un solder the wire from the board and put new ones in
There was a Rodek that ended up in the garbage because of it, and years of therapy afterwards.
No built in x-over so make sure you use one

I never thought I would ever use this diagram again. LOL...

If you open the amp, you will see the same colors on the back of the plug.

• Right+: Yellow. Pin 1
  • Right-: Black/Yellow under the yellow. Pin 4
  • Left+: Orange. Pin 2
  • Left-: Black/Orange under the orange. Pin 5
  • Remote: Blue. Pin 8, bottom center pin.
GEN1 HCCA 225 Plug.jpg

I was going to mention opening the board up, but most people in general do not know much other than an overwhelming mass of components and wires that are colored and dont know what wires are l/rt +and remote and -. LOL.. Best to just buy a wiring plug and look up the proper connections move on

I was going to mention opening the board up, but most people in general do not know much other than an overwhelming mass of components and wires that are colored and dont know what wires are l/rt +and remote and -. LOL.. Best to just buy a wiring plug and look up the proper connections move on
we use to get these style amps a lot. We would Pull the plug, drill it out just enough to fit the wire through, and extend the inside wires. It was rare for someone to have the plug. We would also upgrade the power and ground wire.

we use to get these style amps a lot. We would Pull the plug, drill it out just enough to fit the wire through, and extend the inside wires. It was rare for someone to have the plug. We would also upgrade the power and ground wire.
Ive seen so many amps done this way over the years. Especially ones that had the Molex plugs and a couple others

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...