2/3 of the big three a success!

Volt meters dont lie lol.
^ not true..

Like I said, not saying you're lying. But seems sketchy that idle voltage would gain that much

I mean, why wouldnt they do that from the factory. Restrict current from the alt.. its not like the engineers didnt factor that in when designing the charging system.

^ not true..
Like I said, not saying you're lying. But seems sketchy that idle voltage would gain that much

I mean, why wouldnt they do that from the factory. Restrict current from the alt.. its not like the engineers didnt factor that in when designing the charging system.
So basically in the words you just said you should gain nothing from the big three because engineers have it all figured out. They have two factors. Workability, and cost effectiveness. By upgrading you are eleminating cost effectiveness and increasing workability. All cara will have a different outcome

So basically in the words you just said you should gain nothing from the big three because engineers have it all figured out. They have two factors. Workability, and cost effectiveness. By upgrading you are eleminating cost effectiveness and increasing workability. All cara will have a different outcome
Didnt say that i ****** said why would they knowingly restrict current from the alternator when such a cheap upgrade could be done to increase idle current by an entire volt. Workability? they already installed the 8 gauge..

idk my car already was idling at 14.4 before my big 3 anyway so i guess your **** just sukked and you got it to where it SHOULD be

Vehicle manufacturers don't increase electrical wire size based on the assumption .09% of the consumer base wants it. The vehicles electrical system works perfectly fine for it's intended purpose. It really has nothing to do with cost effectiveness or workability...

Sheez

Didnt say that i ****** said why would they knowingly restrict current from the alternator when such a cheap upgrade could be done to increase idle current by an entire volt. Workability? they already installed the 8 gauge..
No reason to swear and get upset. I'm just telling it like it is. 8 gauge is not rated for 150 amps. Some 4 gauge isn't even rated for that.

I dont get how you guys dont understand what im talking about.

MOST if not all stock vehicles i know of are supposed to idle at 14.4ish. at least 14..

so since your car STOCK wasnt even doing 13.5, why didnt they do a simple cheap upgrade to make it charge at what it should be charging.

I dont get how you guys dont understand what im talking about.
MOST if not all stock vehicles i know of are supposed to idle at 14.4ish. at least 14..

so since your car STOCK wasnt even doing 13.5, why didnt they do a simple cheap upgrade to make it charge at what it should be charging.
No idea but the numbers don't lie. I did multiple tests on it and every rest showed the same result.

You guys do know vehicle parts are not immune to the environment? Over time parts begin to degrade and deteriorate. Maybe that's why the voltage was sub 14v. I'm sure off the production line it was producing 14v...

You guys do know vehicle parts are not immune to the environment? Over time parts begin to degrade and deteriorate. Maybe that's why the voltage was sub 14v. I'm sure off the production line it was producing 14v...
My car is a '99 in Minnesota winters with original alt and some a basic lead battery and it was charging 14.4 strong last summer before I did the big 3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.