2 4g better than 1 1/0g?

EnvEe 02
10+ year member

Built For Brutality
Ok so I have a Pontiac Grand Am and I just got all the new wiring from KnuKonceptz to run my amps. I have 1/0 g Power and Ground and the distro blocks. There is just no room in my car to run a wire that size? Would it be alright if instead I ran 1 4g wire for each amp?

i know the 1 1/0 would be better but it just isnt going to happen in my car. Im not running a very high power system. I have a RF Power 501bd and a Power 551s.

well,,,

while on the topic of 4g, i have a question. Im upgrading my sub amps to a hifonics 1606d. I have a run of 4g to a dist block and then 2 runs from there. One to the (proposed) hifonics, and one to a Profile AP1000, 85rmsx4 to my tower speakers. Should I be concerned about wire size? I have a beefy electrial system otherwise.

thanks alot guys. I dont need to have to 1/0 g but I was going to be splitting to 2 4g so I got that. Ill let everyone know how it turns out. Keep an eye out in the classifieds for some of the 1/0 wiring, distro blocks and fuse holder.

I have an 02. I could probably find a way to run it but right now i dont feel like taking alot of the interior out. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be trading in the Grand Am for a Crossfire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.