2 4ohm subs to mono for 2ohm load?

Participant count
  • Participant list

shadow_
10+ year member

nj
I'm having a brain fart or something because i'm lost. A friend of mine got my amp(kicker 1000.1) he wants 1000 watts out of it so it needs to be ran at 2ohm. He has 2 dvc 4ohm subs. I've been seeing people saying it can't be done and it can but the sites like crutchfield show on their displays it can't be done. Like this....

2DVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

That pic looks like its run in parallel and thats what people said yes to that it can be run down to a 2ohm load with 2 4ohm subs, but seems crutchfield and other sites say it can only be 4ohm. So can it be done or do i have to tell him to go get one single 4ohm dvc sub to run it at 2ohms. Thanks for the help.

Cannot be done.. will wire to a 1 ohm load mono, each of em to 2 ohms on their own channels, or 4 ohm load together.. or an 8 ohm load from each but that would be pointless in most cases..

Andrew

Also.. when people say 2 4 ohm subs.. if they are SINGLE voice coils, and are 4 ohms a piece.. yes it can be done.. but what you are saying is your are DUAL voice coil 4 ohm woofers..

Yeah i don't want him to run it on 1ohm because it isn't 1ohm stable. So the most he could get out of them is on 8ohm on series? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif. I better tell him to sell the subs and get the kicker l7 dvc 4ohm so he can run that series to 2ohm. I think thats right..no?

Er, by looking at that pic he can get 4ohms with 2 subs running parallel. I must be to tired.

ok, i was getting parallel and series mixed up. Now i'll try to remember parallel is with posi's and neg's hooked together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.