2 crescendo bc2000d wiring options?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cocoleveo7686
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
So I just bought 2 of these for my 2 12 dss ethos D1 subs. I can wire together 1 ohm, 4 ohm, or .25. Or i can wire single and do .5 ohms to each amp. I read in the manual it says 4000 watts at 2ohms strapped, would that be louder then wiring each subwoofer to .5 on each amp? I figure if i wire to 1 ohm and strap them each will see .5 ohms and if i get lets say 3x box rise each amp will see around .7 or .8 nominal i believe.

Here my electrical : Singer 270a large case alt, 3 xs d3100, 1 stock 80ah agm battery. Im gonna have 2 runs of 0 gauge to the rear batteries. Big 3 upgraded.

Would you do 2 ohms strapped for 4000? or will i get more power wiring them to 1 ohm then strapping so each sees .5? Thanks for your help

I would gain match each at .5 if they were mine (less issues and if something happens you don't risk losing 2 amps when strapped) but if you feel the need to strap do it at 2ohm imo, you really won't notice the difference in daily use

I would gain match each at .5 if they were mine (less issues and if something happens you don't risk losing 2 amps when strapped) but if you feel the need to strap do it at 2ohm imo, you really won't notice the difference in daily use
how wouldnt i notice a difference strapping at 2 ohms vs running them at .5? If i get box rise on 2 ohms and its 3x box rise ill get 6 ohms, but if i get 3x box rise on .5 ohms that will be split on 2 amps which i think will be closer to 1 ohm each amp vs 6 ohms total for 2.

how wouldnt i notice a difference strapping at 2 ohms vs running them at .5? If i get box rise on 2 ohms and its 3x box rise ill get 6 ohms, but if i get 3x box rise on .5 ohms that will be split on 2 amps which i think will be closer to 1 ohm each amp vs 6 ohms total for 2.

If u have d1 u could strap at 1ohm or you gain gain match each amp at .5om.... Just gain match if it was me. You can't strap at 2ohm with D1s... You could strap at 4ohms but that's just dumb.... Gain match at .5ohm each amp

So your options are

Strap at 1ohm which each amp will see .5ohm

Gain match each amp at .5ohm

I choose gain match

your not going to hear the difference on couple hundred RMS.......

your not going to hear the difference on couple hundred RMS.......
its not a couple hundred watts. I dont think you get what im getting at. say you wire to 1 ohm and you have 2x box rise that puts you to 2 ohms. If you have 2x box rise when you have .5 ohms your at 1 ohms. thats double the power for almost any amp not just a couple hundred watts...

If u have d1 u could strap at 1ohm or you gain gain match each amp at .5om.... Just gain match if it was me. You can't strap at 2ohm with D1s... You could strap at 4ohms but that's just dumb.... Gain match at .5ohm each amp
So your options are

Strap at 1ohm which each amp will see .5ohm

Gain match each amp at .5ohm

I choose gain match
I think i will gain match. Do you think my electrical is good enough for 2 of these? I have 270A large case singer, 3 xs d3100 in the rear, 1 stock 80ah agm up front. My jeep charges from the factory at 14.8 and maintains 14.6 hot so thats a plus.

I think i will gain match. Do you think my electrical is good enough for 2 of these? I have 270A large case singer, 3 xs d3100 in the rear, 1 stock 80ah agm up front. My jeep charges from the factory at 14.8 and maintains 14.6 hot so thats a plus.
Yea just have a volt meter at the amps and stay above 12 volt to keep the amps happy

its not a couple hundred watts. I dont think you get what im getting at. say you wire to 1 ohm and you have 2x box rise that puts you to 2 ohms. If you have 2x box rise when you have .5 ohms your at 1 ohms. thats double the power for almost any amp not just a couple hundred watts...
I understand what your saying I have been doing this for a minute and know what impedance rise is. You will understand better on what im talking about when you clamp your gear at different ohms.

Your electrical should be good with what you listed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cocoleveo7686

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cocoleveo7686
MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date