2 grand to spend what kinda setup

ttsquared100
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
the south
hey my buddy has 2 grand to spend on a system. he wants a loud musical system. I encouraged him to get two 15XXX with like and a orion 2500D or like a single 18XXX or MT. What do you guys think he should get.

he is driving a s500 mercedes ***hes not a snobby bastard tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

amm right now he is just looking for sub amp and headunit, eventually speakers tho....and since he has decent budget he wants everything new with warranty...

what do u guys think of the MMATS amps because MMATS store is close to us.

Dought he needs speakers for a s500 Mercedes. They start out with an amazing sound system.

I think if he wants the most SPL he can get then those XXX's are the way to go.

If he is just looking for SQ I would vote in some 13w7's.

I believe some good amps for all of these subs would either be the Orion amps for sure, cause they are very nice amplifiers and they'll power both of those subs extremley well. Or of course the JL 1000/1 for the W7.

http://www.ascendantaudio.com

get a pair of 12" avalanches and power them on a pair of 800w amps (1ohm)

would be sweet.

as for head units, look into the higher ALPINE CDA's (9835+) or last years eclipse. i dont know if id wanna **** with it tho - prolly has a nav system and all that ****.

dual inverted IDMAX12's for the subs. amp, i'd say something from tru, zapco, arc, dls, etc.

*edit* sh!t expy, beat me to it.

I'd go with a nice eclipse deck, a single high end 12 or 15 inch sub being fed 1000 watts and a nice set of components with a nice component amp. I really can't comment on the sub since any of the high end subs will probably give him what he wants depending on the box design and he'll come in under budget if he can install himself. Amp brands? I like Elemental Designs for the price performance and warranty but high end zapcos, etc might eat up a lot of his budget.

It really depends on where your friend wants to put the cash. Does he want clean balanced sound or does he want to blow the windows out of the drivethrough? If it were me I would balance the money I spent on subs and comps after wiring and H/U. If you figure wiring and H/U will run you about $500. That means you would have $750 for comps and an amp to drive them and $750 on subs and an amp to drive them. Then you can tweek from there. If he really wants a BOOM kind of system you can cut that back to $500 for comps and an amp and put $1000 into subs and an amp.

What kind of music does he like?

I would do nothing but European 3way comps (DLS/FOCAL/RAINBOW/Dynaudio) take your pick

2 1kw 2ch amps (Zapco/Arc/Brax/TRU/Audison) take your pick

2 ID Max's

id say get some nice memphis amps because they look so sweet and they are quality.

a mono one that does 2kw for two 18" avalanche's in about 14~16 cubes

oh wait. its a ****ing sedan. better just go with a single 15 ported then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ttsquared100

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
ttsquared100
the south
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date