2 JL audio 13w7s what amp?

tuff57
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
im 16 i just bought a 64 bel air as my first car and this summer my goal is to buy a great system

i kinda have my heart set on the 13w7s i know i have to upgrade to a HO altenator and i need 1/0 gauge wire

what amps would you reccomend to do the job

my budget for the whole system is about $2500 but im guessing ill be going over that

ahh well yea ive heard the mixed emotions about jl im just looking for the best sounding system and jl i heard is best but from what i hear now im guessing i can get better for the buck

If it was me.. The only amps i would use are the JL 1000/1.
Nothing else.
Why?

Anyways, anything that puts out 2000-2500 watts would be nice and work well.

However, for $2500, you could get a system that would be way louder than 2 W7's, if that's what you're going for.

If your not to set on subs I would suggest you rethink your system, check around here a bit and in classified as there are a lot of different options out there, and I know several of them that will make you very happy for less money

Goals for the system? Loud? Sound as good as possible? Pretty loud and not shitty sounding? You can do a lot with $2500. If you go with 13W7s though you'll be able to do alot less because half your budget will be tied up in the subs alone (assuming that you got them unauthorized).

I'd probably allocate my budget like so: $300 on HU (maybe a bit more if there are certain features that you want) $5-600 on subs (2 really good 12s in a ported box) $3-400 on speakers (best fronts you can get MAYBE rears if you have extra money) $6-800 on amplification and the rest on wiring, batteries, sound deadening and other install bits.

im 16 i just bought a 64 bel air as my first car and this summer my goal is to buy a great systemi kinda have my heart set on the 13w7s i know i have to upgrade to a HO altenator and i need 1/0 gauge wire

what amps would you reccomend to do the job

my budget for the whole system is about $2500 but im guessing ill be going over that
take the $2500 to the best car audio store in your area, tell them you want it loud and clean for $2500. you will get your car back in 24 hours with a great system you will enjoy.

dont waste your money trying to do it yourself

its very complicated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.