2 nightshades in a grand cherokee

teen
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
LI, NY
so i started my new build today. two 15" sundown nightshades powered by a sundown SAZ3000D.

box is 6 cubes net, ill be using four 4" aeroports which should be here tomorrow. this was my first time bracing a box, but i think i got it right. was gunna tune it to 32hz, but my max box size and the port length wouldn't work out. its tuned to 35hz, so we'll see how that goes.

heres a few pics. only have one driver as of now, will be ordering the next this weekend and should have it installed by wedensday. will update pics as things progress.

looks alright so far. I would like to hear that nightshades sometime when you get them in...I think your local to me.

are you going to run a brace from the baffle to the bottom? your gonna have a lot of moving force on the baffle, and the bottom of the box is a pretty big surface without a brace too. I'm having issues with mine and i have doubled up on my bracing and still flex's like crazy in between the subs the most.

yea, ive heard good things about the nightshades in 3cubes, so i figured 3 for each.

as for bracing, i wasnt planning on running one from top to bottom. i think ill try it like this and if need be, go back in and add one or two.

wu501, you on LI?

keith, ill let you know once there in and ready to go. you ever head out to DPA?

yea, im down in mastic beach a few mins from the bridge.

and i should add, thanks to psych0ticnemes1 for the box design. second box hes designed for me and both came out great without any problems.

Yea I was up there this weekend with my Jeep . You heading down there this weekend ?
not this weekend, because ive got no sound:(

next weekend ill be there, though:)

so, the ports came in today. got to finish up the last side of the box. just have to pick up some screws to mount these ports and i should be good to go. im most likely going to carpet it, but im in no rush. ill get it done whenever.

heres a few pics.

lol, i just gotta order this last sub and ill get some more pics and vids up. hopefully middle of next week. last nightshade i ordered over the weekend, got shipped monday and i had it wednesday. hoping for similar results this weekend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.