2 Solo X 12's vs 2 Kicker L5 15's?

tanner13

Alright so im trying to figure out what subs to get. My buddy has a extended cabchevy silverado and he took out the back seats and put in 2 15" kicker L5's. And they are crazy. I believe he's got 1000 amps pushing each sub . They'll flex the roof like crazy and the steering wheel sometimes.

Id love to have subs with that kind of power but I don't wanna take out my back seat. I'll be getting an extended cab silverado as well and I've heard that 2 kicker solo x 12's will do better than 2 l5 15's. Im just wanting to know if they will fit under the back seat of the truck. And will they really hit harder and flex more than the 15's? Thanls

Hmmmmmm. 2 L5'S OR 2 SOLO X'S.............

hMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....................

HmMmMmMmMmmMmMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

hmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Tough Decision, Op.

In your 1st thread/post tanner13 you might want to watch how your word things. 1000 amps? C'mon man, you're better than that. Your 2nd mistake was comparing 2 products that are overpriced apparently not reading a lot of threads and knowing that maybe 1% of us run Kicker. The rest of us realize it's overpriced and overrated. With that being said, Bettr n' Revrse has the best questions. If you give some of us basic information we're better able to help.

well, ill just put it this way, i am new to this and all. my friend may have been screwing with me when he said 1000 amps to each sub. but i love the way they hit. id like to have subs with that kinda power that will fit under the seat. not completely sure about the space it has, all i know is its a 2011 chevy silverado extended cab. price really doesnt matter to me. ill be working all summer to get the money. as long as its not subs ill need to take out a bank loan for i should be fine.

so can someone give me a sub that fits my needs?

L5s run on 1200 watts they wud b loud and not much upgrade needed

solo x alot more watts and louder.....also a crap more money for subs, amp to pwr em and the electrical needed

The SoloX's would murderize those lame L5's if used and powered properly. They need like 4-5 flippin cubes apice though, I think. Not exactly underseat freindly.

Underseat boxes suck balls anyway. Are you oposed to doing a center console box?

well, ill just put it this way, i am new to this and all. my friend may have been screwing with me when he said 1000 amps to each sub. but i love the way they hit. id like to have subs with that kinda power that will fit under the seat. not completely sure about the space it has, all i know is its a 2011 chevy silverado extended cab. price really doesnt matter to me. ill be working all summer to get the money. as long as its not subs ill need to take out a bank loan for i should be fine.so can someone give me a sub that fits my needs?

I think what you mean is he has 1,000 watts to each sub not 1,000 amps, and also you will not find any love for kickers on this forum! LOL everyone talks them down bigtime and claims every other sub is better then a kicker L7...

The SoloX's would murderize those lame L5's if used and powered properly. They need like 4-5 flippin cubes apice though, I think. Not exactly underseat freindly.
Underseat boxes suck balls anyway. Are you oposed to doing a center console box?
Still won't be enough room.

1 X would more than likely out perform both of the L5s if given a proper box. 2 Would murder them without a doubt. You will not be able to fit either one of those setups under the seat however. Take it from someone running Solo Xs in an extended cab truck, lose the back seat and wreak havoc on the truck. Get 3000-3500 watts and upgrade your electrical (search function is your friend). Try to get from 5-5.5 cubes per X after displacement (taking out for port and about .3cu per sub). Port roughly 18 sq. in. per cube for the X. Your friend will be jealous.

Oh, and OP; if you are in the market for 2 Solo X 12s I happen to have a pair for sale. Solo X 12s D4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.