2 subs to 1 ohm.....

Deeper_shades
10+ year member

of underground
EH?
I was looking on the fosgate wizard page and I couldnt find a way to wire up 2 duo coil 2 ohm subs to they run on 1 ohm...

set im im trying to run at 1 ohm.....

2 - DC duo vc 2 ohm subs

1- mb quart dsc 20001.d amp

thanks for your help

That's because you can't...what do you think we're going to tell you? That the rockford website is wrong? That there's a magic way to do it?

You can do .5, 2, or 8

I've heard, mainly from sicaudio, that the dsc amps are fine @ .5 daily. I don't know if I believe that, though. The dude was all about hocking as much product as possible, so he was liable to say anything to sell an amp...

this is my situation..i have 2 dual 2 subs..going to wire down to .5, if mb can't I wouldn't test the waters and would just roll with 2ohm to be safe. But, if you do run at .5 make sure you have eletrical fault tolerance to keep it running all day :0)

k well I dont want to **** the amp, if it dosnt say it will do .5 than I dont really feel comfortable putting it to the test.

so ive got 2 subs that are rated at 1000w each, the amp at 2 ohms will do 1000w, will this be ok? or what can go wrong? like I said im new so be kind

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Deeper_shades

10+ year member
of underground
Deeper_shades
EH?
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date