2 Weeks with my Obsidian 15 D4 on ASPM-1500

WTF spending 150 on headphones and 50 bucks on a head unit, thats *** backwards, you must've never heard a good headunit, or that boss wouldn't be everything you want.
Also Audiopipe =/= Audiophile in any way AT ALL.
Oh I know. Back when I got the deck, and speakers, I wasn't worried about SQ, I just wanted something that could play music because before then, I had 4 speakers in my car, 3 were blown, and one was working but was almost blown as well, so I just wanted SOME music. I bought the boss deck, because all I needed was an AUX port. Thats it. I don't need ANY other feature in a deck.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

EDIT: Strike that last bit about it being more than 2v pre-outs... he's got a boss, he's lucky if he's seeing 2v. Gain is more than likely fine haha.
My thoughts Exactly!

Oh I know. Back when I got the deck, and speakers, I wasn't worried about SQ, I just wanted something that could play music because before then, I had 4 speakers in my car, 3 were blown, and one was working but was almost blown as well, so I just wanted SOME music. I bought the boss deck, because all I needed was an AUX port. Thats it. I don't need ANY other feature in a deck.
Well that makes sense to me man, plenty fair there. Hopefully you're able to save up and get a decent head-unit though soon enough. A quality head-unit doesn't necessarily mean gobs of features. There's plenty good HU's for sale on this forum or others that I'm sure you'd notice a night and day difference in sound from. And what speakers do you have in the doors?

Anypics of the box from the rear of the car? What kinda dimensions?
Box specs were 3.4cu ft tuned at 32hz

dimensions were 31x16x15

You really want pics? If you do I can take some. I wanna show off mah awesome system anyways :p

Box specs were 3.4cu ft tuned at 32hz
dimensions were 31x16x15

You really want pics? If you do I can take some. I wanna show off mah awesome system anyways :p

Chyeah, pics are always a good thing! Im interested, bc I also have a 94 and was wondering how close to the back seat you could get. You must be a good ways back off of it to be fitting a 15 vertically. I may be wrong thanks to the false floor thing that is saggin like hell when I brought the papemeasure out for a rough size idea in mine. I need to take mine out, trace it out on woods, cut it out and fabric it. So with that being said, I may be alittle off.

Give a full rundown of everything you got in yours. Im pretty curious. Oh, also, with a 3/4 ring, any idea what our max mounting depht is on our front doors?? And one more thing, I hadnt heard of until here pretty recent. I dont think we do, but Ill ask any way. We dont have that ELD do we?

Here's pics of my setup

Once again here is everything on this setup

Obsidian Audio 15' Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer

Audiopipe ASPM-1500 1500 watts RMS @ 1 ohm amp (Wired at 2 ohms @1000 watts RMS)

Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge Wiring Kit

Box is 31' tall, 16' high and 15' deep

3.4cu ft @32hz

In a 1994 4 Door Honda Accord

And I still have some trunk space :p

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Chyeah, pics are always a good thing! Im interested, bc I also have a 94 and was wondering how close to the back seat you could get. You must be a good ways back off of it to be fitting a 15 vertically. I may be wrong thanks to the false floor thing that is saggin like hell when I brought the papemeasure out for a rough size idea in mine. I need to take mine out, trace it out on woods, cut it out and fabric it. So with that being said, I may be alittle off.Give a full rundown of everything you got in yours. Im pretty curious. Oh, also, with a 3/4 ring, any idea what our max mounting depht is on our front doors?? And one more thing, I hadnt heard of until here pretty recent. I dont think we do, but Ill ask any way. We dont have that ELD do we?
Lets go in Order //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

1. You can tell in the pictures how far the sub is from the back seat, its not a lot.

2. I would not know the mounting depth in our Front Doors. I tried checking Crutchfield since they can actually tell you what speakers will fit in your cat, but I couldn't find specific depth measurments..

3. I do not know if we have an ELD or not. If you plan on running anything more than 1000 watts on full tilt, you are going to dim. I notice that on one of my lowest yet hard hitting songs, that I dim quite a bit when I really wanna flex the sub. But that only occurs on the really really fat bass farts. And thats with my not so efficient ASPM-1500..

I hope this helps

Get 1 15 at 3.4 cubes or 2 12's that will work with 1.7cubes. But as you can see, my box is literally tucked into my wheel wells, so the dimensions of my box are literally perfect for a 94 accord.

It's pretty cool when someone comes in and pesters everyone for advice and actually takes it and posts a small review/build log. Thanks, OP.
Hehehehe. Heyyy, I was going to spend major money (for me) on a system, I just didn't wanna get screwed. I trusted you guys, and it definitely payed off. I am really happy with my system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

The only thing I can see in your install that could do some improving on would be the enclosure. That port is very tiny. I would bet that a different enclosure would allow for overall better performance.

Other then that seems good. Glad everything is working out so far though.

agree'ed ^ gotta have port issues the 8;1 ratio is in full effect. this means if ur port is 16" tall it has to be MIN of 2" wide or there will be problems.

you need 40sq" of port with that size box...

-_-

Lameeeeee

Guess I'll sell the box, and have the guy make me an appopriate port size box

So I guess I could sound even better o.0

oh stfu with that vehicle specific belogna!!! Setups are louder on music face as far to the rear of the cabin(especially the right rear). With the sub not beeing at the rear You may meter higher on a burp since you are hitting a standing wave(peak freq resonance) and these are placement sensitive. It would depend on frequency and vehicle. For music though, the rear of the vehicle always wins.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

EpicMango

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
EpicMango
Colorado
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date