2000 grand prix GTP ideas??

Participant count
  • Participant list

its_a_sleeper
10+ year member

Its off to work i go....
Recently bought a 20000 grand prix with 3800 supercharged motor. car has its issues and i wanna tackle them all. rear seat only the middle folds down. im lookin at putting 2 12" subs in there this year. either brand new Memphis PR or used DD 0512. either way i want the most out of them. ill be running a hifonics brutus 2000w, 2-4 gauge, jvc head unit, and 2 caps at first but switching to kinetik at some point.

i looked for a GP build and didnt see any... any ideas on box design, build ideas, etc....

Whatever you do, keep it light. Large cone area so you need less power, which equals less electrical (batts, alts, and power-robbing drain). Focus of the car should be it's power.

Oh ****, seen supercharged and figured more. But nope, 240hp is what you're getting. OP, make sure you use premium gas too.
Supercharged is so easy to boost power. I wouldn't use anyone but intense racing drop the pully and most important get a reprogrammed pcm. Some bigger injectors. And a cam and rockers. Under a Grand in parts you will have some real nice power.

thats... not what id wanna draw attention to.. its 240 hp.
my manual says factory HP is 271..... its not alot but it still will throw ya back. lol. i already did a cold air intake and 3" exhaust but i did glass packs to minimize noise a lil bit. should be right around 300 HP if my mechanics are correct.

Supercharged is so easy to boost power. I wouldn't use anyone but intense racing drop the pully and most important get a reprogrammed pcm. Some bigger injectors. And a cam and rockers. Under a Grand in parts you will have some real nice power.
this year is minor motor work, stereo, and fixin the small dumb stuff. planned on doing a 3.4 pulley and PCM but how do i kill the governor? is that done with PCM or do i cut a wire somewhere. lol

The tune will cover your speed limiter,and your gonna need headers, tune, u bend removal if you wanna drive on a 3.4 safley

this year is minor motor work, stereo, and fixin the small dumb stuff. planned on doing a 3.4 pulley and PCM but how do i kill the governor? is that done with PCM or do i cut a wire somewhere. lol

Headers 2 are correct but pacesetters r really inexpensive. I own a gp 2 and have driven to intense to get major work done. John and Brian are the best. Put my car on the dyno. I have a turbo cammed heads Diamond pistons. Roller rockers oer risers. Push rods. Tranny done. I'm at 450 on 16 pounds now. Waiting to break everything in and to upgrade my fuel pump to turn it up some more. If u have any questions pm me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.