2000w for $250 or less?

Would I be better off with something like a SoundQubed Q1-1200D? It's less power than the hifonics claims and right on the border of rms for two sa12s, but according to you guys I would never see what the hifonics claims anyways.
Edit:spelling
What I would do is take the amount of watts you want to run, and buy an amp that can do 3x that.

What I would do is take the amount of watts you want to run, and buy an amp that can do 3x that.
That would put me way over budget. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Kinetik hc 1800 or diehard platinum from sears. I dont think you'll need a high output man just probably a small battery in the back next to the amp is fine. Ran those electrical upgrades on 2k for years on my stock 80 amp alt corolla without problems and volts didnt drop past 13.
this all depends on the car, my truck i had die hard platinum up front xp2500 in rear big 3, 1/0 SHCA and i dipped to 11.5 so i right away bought an at. now with my 320alt i dip to 13.8

There's an mmats 2000.1 that just was listed in the classifieds for 250. Solid, clean, reliable, strong, and not super tough on your electrical.... a much much better buy then any hifonics product post 2000 (the year 2000).... IMO.

Would I be better off with something like a SoundQubed Q1-1200D? It's less power than the hifonics claims and right on the border of rms for two sa12s, but according to you guys I would never see what the hifonics claims anyways.
Edit:spelling
SA12s get plenty loud on their rated power. I run 2 off of a RF R1200 (Roughly 1300 before rise and drop) and they get plenty loud.

So I would suggest just running 2 SA12s off what you have now and start working on the electrical to support 2k+ and get something like a Soundqubed 2200 or something similar down the road.

There's an mmats 2000.1 that just was listed in the classifieds for 250. Solid, clean, reliable, strong, and not super tough on your electrical.... a much much better buy then any hifonics product post 2000 (the year 2000).... IMO.
**** that's a good deal. I just ordered some 1/0 knu cca , ring terminals, and fuse block so I kinda killed my wallet. If you still have it in a week or two I may buy it. I'm gonna do big 3 this weekend and see how that goes.

**** that's a good deal. I just ordered some 1/0 knu cca , ring terminals, and fuse block so I kinda killed my wallet. If you still have it in a week or two I may buy it. I'm gonna do big 3 this weekend and see how that goes.
Why CCA? OFC is the good stuff. A 0 gauge run of CCA matches up to about an 8 gauge run of OFC. Maybe.

I'm about to add another sa-12 to my car. I have one sa12d4 running off a hifonics x1100.1d. I'd like to feed them 2000w @ 1ohm. I'd like to spend no more than $250. I'm currently looking at the hifonics brx2000.1d or possibly spend a little more on the brx2400.1d.
Anybody have opinions on these amps or have any other suggestions around that price range?
Audiopipe or Boss...they are the same thing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.