2000w RMS of bass, need help on what speakers/amp to buy to balance out the system

Participant count
  • Participant list

cashmonkey

I'm putting two Rockford Fosgate T212D4 12" subs into a 335i. Both are 1000w rms each, and are being powered by two JL 1000/1's. I had these in my old car (now scrap metal) and the car came with a decent set of speakers so I never really looked into buying any. The speakers in my old car were still drowned out by the bass, and that was when only one 1000/1 was powering the subs. Now I am trying to put a quality system in my new car but I am unsure of what speakers to get. The car comes with that Logic 7 speaker system and I believe there are 10 speakers that come in the car. I don't know the dimensions of any of the speakers(don't have the car quite yet), so I'm not asking for reference to any specific speakers, but I was wondering if someone could tell me, generally, what I should look for. As in how many watts should all the non-bass speakers be to make sure that the music is not drowned out by all the bass, and also what kind of amp(s) should I get to power all the other speakers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.