2001 Aurora Radio Static excess interference

Participant count
  • Participant list

shedden

When playing AM stations I get lots of static making it unable to listen or even tolerate the radio being on. Worse when I am under a high tension electric wire (expected) or driving along a road with electric wires. Translated: most of the time. Occured even when new. Dealer has not helped. When I use my turn signal the radio static will cease. Eventually returns. Speed control(on a column mounted level with a push in switch) switch can be turned on and off with obvious static effect sound heard over the radio. FM is okay. Only AM radio is affected. Less problem if station is close as in 10 miles.

Check the grounds for the radio, and the turn signals...since you know what solves the problem, work backwards from there. I'm willing to bet you have an intermittent ground somewhere.

The noise under power lines is expected; nothing you can do about that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.