2002 Accord - Power Steering Pump??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zxcvtypo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
2002 Accord EX 4cyl 5-speed

This is the noise my car is regularly making when the steering wheel is turned. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all, sometimes it's a lot worse..I can't figure out what's causing it to come on and off. It also changes a little with rpm's as I'm accelerating in 1st-2nd, leading me to believe it could be the alt or belt?

Is it the power steering pump going bad? Alternator? Loose belt? I wanna try to get an idea of what it is before I take it in somewhere..I've read a lot of different things online.

have you recently gotten your alternator replaced? If so, the alternator might need to be adjusted slightly because the belt is to loose on it. It could be your power steering pump, but it can also be because of your belt. I doubt its your steering rack, if it is, than thats going to put a hole in your pocket.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.