2002 camry LE. My first build ever. Video log

Participant count
  • Participant list
Nice work sir! Its really not as hard to install a system if you do some research and take your time in most cases,and it most deff saves you alot of money,as well as knowing exactly what wire goes where and to what component given you peace of mind that no short cuts were taken and done to your satisfaction.In the future..for a clean look and a really nice install for securing your amps and hiding your wiring a bit better,and securing your distro block from movement from bumpy roads ect, you can make a simple false floor out of 1/2 plywood and cover with some carpet (roll of approx 4ft x 6ft from Home Depot for about $20 bucks,and a can of spray adhessive for approx $6 or so..heavy tac your color of choice) makes a nice and secure amp board,as well as a solid foundation to support the weight of your box as well, and to secure your box from movement also with either corner brackets or L brackets.Deff need to secure that distro block from movement to keep your connections secure,as well as the amps.A false floor is very cheap to build, and adds strength as well as securing your goods.Over all..I think you did quite well installing everything yourself.You can build a false floor and use hinges to still gain access to your spare tire,and placing an amp rack to the left or right side of the access.You can build a stackable amp rack with some space in between,ect..All kinds of creative ways.Deff get those amps bolted down and secure that distro block! Nice work man

Feedback welcome, components I installed are in my sig. It took me about 80 hours.

well if you like it, then its all good right....

and ya it nice when you can do the work your self.

i do EVERTHING on my truck. it has never been to a shop for anything. i dont trust any shop with my baby.. lol

Nice work sir! Its really not as hard to install a system if you do some research and take your time in most cases,and it most deff saves you alot of money,as well as knowing exactly what wire goes where and to what component given you peace of mind that no short cuts were taken and done to your satisfaction.In the future..for a clean look and a really nice install for securing your amps and hiding your wiring a bit better,and securing your distro block from movement from bumpy roads ect, you can make a simple false floor out of 1/2 plywood and cover with some carpet (roll of approx 4ft x 6ft from Home Depot for about $20 bucks,and a can of spray adhessive for approx $6 or so..heavy tac your color of choice) makes a nice and secure amp board,as well as a solid foundation to support the weight of your box as well, and to secure your box from movement also with either corner brackets or L brackets.Deff need to secure that distro block from movement to keep your connections secure,as well as the amps.A false floor is very cheap to build, and adds strength as well as securing your goods.Over all..I think you did quite well installing everything yourself.You can build a false floor and use hinges to still gain access to your spare tire,and placing an amp rack to the left or right side of the access.You can build a stackable amp rack with some space in between,ect..All kinds of creative ways.Deff get those amps bolted down and secure that distro block! Nice work man
Thank you very much. Yes, the trunk I need to still work on. The distro block I think I can easily secure to the carpet. Could you possibly elaborate on the false floor? Do you mean take some plywood or something and put it under the carpet so I can bolt stuff down to it? I'm very interested in this. It really bothers me that everything is not secured. I have had a hard time finding info on this.

well if you like it, then its all good right....
and ya it nice when you can do the work your self.

i do EVERTHING on my truck. it has never been to a shop for anything. i dont trust any shop with my baby.. lol
Yes I am glad people here talked me into doing it myself. I actually really enjoyed doing it as well. Some nights I was out working on it until 2 am. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy haha.

Thank you very much. Yes, the trunk I need to still work on. The distro block I think I can easily secure to the carpet. Could you possibly elaborate on the false floor? Do you mean take some plywood or something and put it under the carpet so I can bolt stuff down to it? I'm very interested in this. It really bothers me that everything is not secured. I have had a hard time finding info on this.
Yes sir.. That is the cheapest way to do it,and get rid of the cheap wafer board insert, or just place over the top of that and screw the corners down..cut out for an access door with hinges to get to your spare tire.If you want to get rid of the wafer board insert, you can, or keep it in there..Its up to you..Use it as a templet for the cut out for the new wood.Be sure to look for missing the gas tank when screwing down, or that box will hold it down in most cases with the weight,but screw that box to it at the least..Gives you a way to secure/bolt your amps down to a more solid foundation..Its easy, and very cheap to do, unless you really get creative..lol

It's never ending but great fun..Looks good so far. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Cool thanks. Would I really even need to bolt the false floor down? It seems like it would hold in place if I shaped it the same way the wafer board is.
It would prob be just fine..But if the sub box is sitting on top giving some weight to it will help..But you have to remember you will still get some rising with bumps in the road..Wouldnt hurt to place one screw on each side at the rear corners on the left and right as the sub box will pretty much secure the front side with the weight..just to keep it secure a bit better..Id use a couple L brackets for the sub box to keep it in place as well at min,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.