2005 Lacrosse wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

cornick

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ahoy! I'm fairly new to wiring so please be nice. ;)

Trying to wire a new head unit (no name brand) into a 2005 Buick Lacrosse but having a few issues.

1) I wired the yellow and red onto my orange based off what I was reading. And the deck turns on even if the car is off. Should I have not wired both? Based off this wiring diagram:
2007-Buick-LaCrosse-Wire-Diagram.jpg

This is from the head unit:
Headunit Instructions.jpg

2) I have additional wires that aren't allocated in the image above.
Wiring.jpg

But I did find this link (https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-GMC-Opel-Chevrolet/Buick_2005-2008_Allure_La_pinout.shtml) that has some additional information but I don't know what "
Audio Common Signal (UE1)" or "Left Audio Signal (+) (UE1)" is. I'm guessing steering wheel controls?

I haven't connected ALL of the ones from the head unit yet as it's still a work in progress but figured I'd start with some issues I'm seeing so far.

Thanks for any suggestions, feedback you might have.

that has some additional information but I don't know what "
Audio Common Signal (UE1)" or "Left Audio Signal (+) (UE1)" is. I'm guessing steering wheel controls?
Judging by the 12pin harness pinout, I assume this 12pin harness is audio output to the amplifier. I like that they paired the wires in the pinout with ue1, u2k, et cetera. The UE1 pair I assume is for the warning chimes and call audio that plays exclusive to the driver's side. The only wire to use in that 12pin harness is U88.
Test B3 with a 12v light bulb or multimeter. Test for voltage with the key in accessory mode then in run mode. If it works, then connect the RED power wire to it.

No disconnect your yellow and red.
Yellow is 12v (straight to battery constant) - this goes to your vehicle's Orange.
Red is accessory wire, (its a switch that tells your head unit to turn on, when your vehicle is on/when you turn the key to on (and not start)) - this goes to an accessory wire. According to that pinout, this would go to your B3 PU "Radio on Signal"

No disconnect your yellow and red.
Yellow is 12v (straight to battery constant) - this goes to your vehicle's Orange.
Red is accessory wire, (its a switch that tells your head unit to turn on, when your vehicle is on/when you turn the key to on (and not start)) - this goes to an accessory wire. According to that pinout, this would go to your B3 PU "Radio on Signal"
Took them apart, thanks for that. Yellow to orange is done.

Still trying to sort out the purple because no matter what I did I couldn't get the unit to turn on, even with the car started.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...