2011 Tuscon Limited - No sound after ZAP

Participant count
  • Participant list
The fact that they did not have them may be an indication of their durability.
The screws for mounting were there but I didn't see any wiring at all. They were 2010 Tuscon's without a rear speaker in the trunk, so my guess would be they don't even have amps to begin with. Had to give it a shot.

I found an amp repair service on ebay, the guy I reached out to asked if I hear beeps when I use the reset button on the radio, or when I make selections on the touchscreen. He suggests it's likely an amp issue if I don't (and I don't).

I was checking for s/pdif to RCA converters to see if one can be used there with an aftermarket amp. There are only 2 channel converters, so no telling which speakers would be playing when using the fade/balance feature.
Thanks for looking.

My amp is in the mail, when it gets back in a few days I'll see what happens!

Thanks for looking.

My amp is in the mail, when it gets back in a few days I'll see what happens!
My amp came back from the repair service. Now, I'm not 100% sure it's the amp I sent, it had slight damage to the frame, BUT, I now have audio in my car. So, God bless the repairman.

Last edited:
HUGE thanks to everyone who contributed in here to helping me determine my amp was the issue. You guys were great. I now own a multimeter which I've always wanted to do, and I learned more about how my car's electronics work.

I like to think that everyone got something useful out of this back and forth. Best of luck to you all!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...