2013 Ford Taurus Limited SQ install

Farmacist
10+ year member

Soundstream Elite
Detroit, MI
Well it's been quite some time since I've been on the forums so here's a little project I'm about to start working on.

Mi padre just got a new 2013 Taurus Limited. It's fully loaded and I must say, I'm astonished it's a FORD! As nice as it is though, the Sony system is total trash and mud in my ears. So I was talking with my friends at Soundstream, and I'm making this a new Mecca & IASCA SQ competitor.

Here is the Equipment List for right now

Headunit - Stock Sony Sync

- Looking for alternatives

EQ/ Processor - Soundstream SYNTHESIS

Soundstream - SYNTHESIS

Amplifier - Soundstream Reference REF5.1000

Front Stage - Soundstream Reference RF3.6C

Rear Stage - Soundstream Reference RF3.6C

Subs - (2) Soundstream R3. 8 Woofers

Wiring- Tsunami X20 interconnects with OFC 0 ga

Batt- Xs power

Dampening - Second Skin

Left my camera at work, or I'd take "before" pics

Right now it's kinda on hold because some of the equipment isn't at SS yet but should be mid March. Main focus is to keep it as factory looking as possible including an open trunk (no box) so the most fabrication will creating a viable enclosure in the rear deck locations for the subs.

Well it's been quite some time since I've been on the forums so here's a little project I'm about to start working on.
Mi padre just got a new 2013 Taurus Limited. It's fully loaded and I must say, I'm astonished it's a FORD! As nice as it is though, the Sony system is total trash and mud in my ears. So I was talking with my friends at Soundstream, and I'm making this a new Mecca & IASCA SQ competitor.

Here is the Equipment List for right now

Headunit - Stock Sony Sync

- Looking for alternatives

EQ/ Processor - Soundstream SYNTHESIS

Soundstream - SYNTHESIS

Amplifier - Soundstream Reference REF5.1000

Front Stage - Soundstream Reference RF3.6C

Rear Stage - Soundstream Reference RF3.6C

Subs - (2) Soundstream R3. 8 Woofers

Wiring- Tsunami X20 interconnects with OFC 0 ga

Batt- Xs power

Dampening - Second Skin

Left my camera at work, or I'd take "before" pics

Right now it's kinda on hold because some of the equipment isn't at SS yet but should be mid March. Main focus is to keep it as factory looking as possible including an open trunk (no box) so the most fabrication will creating a viable enclosure in the rear deck locations for the subs.
Do you have any idea what the synthesis will cost? I am looking at headunits or dsp and wouldnt mind waiting till mid march if the synthesis doesnt cost an arm and a leg

Do you have any idea what the synthesis will cost? I am looking at headunits or dsp and wouldnt mind waiting till mid march if the synthesis doesnt cost an arm and a leg
$499 is retail from what I understand

always liked your builds man glad to hear your back at it
why thank you, yea I ran into some money problems so I had to put a bunch of stuff on the backburner but it's turning around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

$499 is retail from what I understand
Yep, I was just informed the MSRP is $499.

Right now this is the first version so it really isn't feature enriched right now, only focused on sq abilities. I do have a laptop so there's no problem there.

One sec about to throw some pics up of the stock positions.

why thank you, yea I ran into some money problems so I had to put a bunch of stuff on the backburner but it's turning around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yep, I was just informed the MSRP is $499.

Right now this is the first version so it really isn't feature enriched right now, only focused on sq abilities. I do have a laptop so there's no problem there.

One sec about to throw some pics up of the stock positions.
If you want to throw some shows up in the D, let me know and I would be happy to judge for MECA.

Here is the stock Sony Display. I sadly need to keep this, and it's probably going to be the worst downfall to the sq. I will have a spdif aux hookup to the synth module for devices that can hookup through it. ie (Andriod usb spdif out)

P1000630.jpg

P1000615.jpg

Here's the sony center channel... it's quite useless and really doesn't add much.(also has to be set to surroudn to be powered) I may or may not put in a center channel, but if I do, this thing is going!

P1000614.jpg

Sony tweeters in the a pillars...

P1000618.jpg

This will be replaced by the RF3.C tweeters and midrange, I can't say what it will look like until I figure out the proper placement.

So here's the door panel... There's a 5x7 in there which will be taken out for the 6 1/2 midbass. I inspected the doorpanel and found that the lower portion which has the speaker grill on it is a separate piece, so it cuts quite a bit of work out when I make the 6 1/2 baffle for the panel.

P1000633.jpg

P1000640.jpg

P1000639.jpg

P1000637.jpg

If you want to throw some shows up in the D, let me know and I would be happy to judge for MECA.
Definitely! I was already researching the idea a little but I've been very busy. I'll hit you up about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Definitely! I was already researching the idea a little but I've been very busy. I'll hit you up about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Sounds good to me. If it would be alright with you, maybe we could do something on the border, that way we get the most of both areas =]

Stock enclosure for the 6x9's ... fabric and padding.

P1000589.jpg

P1000601.jpg

P1000603.jpg

Useless rear center speaker

P1000600.jpg

A bunch of empty space, enough they threw foam pouches in it, I'll utilize this somehow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

P1000599.jpg

Here's a little update - Right now still trying to get amp selection down. The idea at first was to go with the REF5.1000, but since I'm now doing full active crossovers I need another amp to take care of the other channels.

Also the equipment might be being changed to the PPI brand, I'll have a decision by tonight.

here's a little update - right now still trying to get amp selection down. The idea at first was to go with the ref5.1000, but since i'm now doing full active crossovers i need another amp to take care of the other channels.
Also the equipment might be being changed to the ppi brand, i'll have a decision by tonight.
hru4 =p

If you guys get something going, I wouldn't mind a heads up. I'm living in Royal Oak now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.