2013 GMC Sierra Aftermarket Stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

Blake8705

So I'm trying to replace the stock head unit in my work truck as it does not work. My problem is, last time I installed an aftermarket head unit, my bass disappeared.

I know stock systems aren't amazing a lot of times, but I've had two after market head units back in 2005 and 2009, and both failed to produce bass. I'm curious if that was a wiring issue, or maybe specific to the cars I installed them on? Just both times the stock head unit produced much better sound than the aftermarket.

At any rate, I've looked at a Pioneer digital media receiver that has a lot if great reviews. I guess my question would be, will I lose the bass and sound quality in my truck by installing a new deck? It has 14 watts rms power, I'm assuming the stock deck doesn't have much more than that but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help. I can't do a sub woofer or anything over the top on this thing as it is the company's truck, but I am allowed to put in my own head unit. If there is a specific one that will keep my stereo at factory quality with the same bass, please tell me! My budget is fairly low.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.