2013 SILVERADO HU wont turn on

Participant count
  • Participant list

Superchevyman
10+ year member

HI i recently installed a LOC on my 2013 silverado when testing the harness for a 12volt switched source to connect to my EQ and Amps for a remote something happened and now my stock head unit wont power on... if i press the info button it displays the time and when ejecting a CD it will say no disk i noticed it does this with the truck off no key in it as it is. ive checked all fuses etc... the last thing i can think of is some kind of anti theft or something with Onstar anyone else come across this issue by chance that can shed some light on the topic?

Yea I did turned out it was the dimmer switch because it was dark out

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

did you tap the wire you thought to be the remote?
dimmer light

those radios turn on via data and do not have an accessory for turn on. chances are you just blew a fuse. the other is you may have burned the radio and needs replacement. what was used for testing...a test light or a DMM?

If you worked on the wiring harness without disconnecting the battery positive, could be antitheft (but I doubt it). I have a 2007 Silverado and my uncle works on them all the time. He said that the antitheft on my year was a major problem when installing aftermarket head units or integrating things with the stock one. Usually the antitheft causes more problems in the vehicle, but I'm not sure about your year. Next time, you should look up a wiring harness diagram instead of using a volt meter to find the remote turn on. That's what I always do.

those radios turn on via data and do not have an accessory for turn on. chances are you just blew a fuse. the other is you may have burned the radio and needs replacement. what was used for testing...a test light or a DMM?
I have a 2007, not a 2013, but mine had a remote turn on

it all depends on the radio..not all factory radios will have a remote turn on wire. if is a basic amp without an amplifier it may not have a remote turn on wire. the 2003 and up chevy vechicles do not have an accessory wire from the car to the radio as the use the data signal to turn on..

it all depends on the radio..not all factory radios will have a remote turn on wire. if is a basic amp without an amplifier it may not have a remote turn on wire. the 2003 and up chevy vechicles do not have an accessory wire from the car to the radio as the use the data signal to turn on..
Well then I don't know how my aftermarket headunit is wired up. Do you by chance own a 2003 or up chevy and know it covers all vehicles? It has a "serial data wire", which is the 12v+ remote turn on for the stock head unit. This may be what you're thinking about when you say data signal turns it on.

what did you use to test the wire?
i used a DMM and unfortunaly i was installing when it was dark out in my garage so of i course i had a12 volt switched source from the dimmer switch the next day when it was light out it i finished and when i went to turn it on nothing from the EQ or amps of that remote wire i tapped into so i got my DMM and it wasnt reading voltage which at that point i realized what happened and started tested other parts of the harness while the radio was plugged in and i was cycling the key to trouble shoot. i have read that they are all computer controlled and now i have lost blinker and door chime trying to fix it before i take to the dealer they tend to void warranties with these types of things...

i used a DMM

i used a DMM and unfortunaly i was installing when it was dark out in my garage so of i course i had a12 volt switched source from the dimmer switch the next day when it was light out it i finished and when i went to turn it on nothing from the EQ or amps of that remote wire i tapped into so i got my DMM and it wasnt reading voltage which at that point i realized what happened and started tested other parts of the harness while the radio was plugged in and i was cycling the key to trouble shoot. i have read that they are all computer controlled and now i have lost blinker and door chime trying to fix it before i take to the dealer they tend to void warranties with these types of things...
If it interfered with other vehicle functions, it is probably antitheft.

If it interfered with other vehicle functions, it is probably antitheft.
that's what im thinking as well just noticed the parking assist doesn't work now either it usually beeps when your backing up and start to get close to something

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.