2013 SILVERADO HU wont turn on

Participant count
  • Participant list
^^Checking your fuses would probably be a good idea before taking it to the dealer. If they have to look at your vehicle, you will have to pay them.
ive checked all of them under the hood and in the side panel all are good... Maybe a inline that's tied into the on star module?

ok so i talked to a local installer and he said that my truck has a 29 bit lan data cable that controls everything with the stock HU he stated not to even try to adapt to the stock HU because you would get to much distortion in the signal which i can see happening so i have changed everything back to stock and my HU still wont turn the only thing i have not done yet is take the door panels off to reattach the stock speakers in the doors is it possible that since they are not connected it is why i am still not getting the HU to turn on? really getting frustrated with this one seems like such a headache for nothing

Those data wire harnesses use a system check.

It will interfere with the antitheft if you disconnect any wires even the speakers.

If for any reason you still dont get any power to your h/u then either a relay to the computer is messed up or you have shorted the anti theft computer causing part of the system to stop working.

Those data wire harnesses use a system check.
It will interfere with the antitheft if you disconnect any wires even the speakers.

If for any reason you still dont get any power to your h/u then either a relay to the computer is messed up or you have shorted the anti theft computer causing part of the system to stop working.
has anyone had any issues with the anti theft and what message it displays my HU gets power and will show the time and eject cd's but nothing basically it will operate as if the key was not in it. it does not display Locked like the older models do but i cant find anything about the new ones other than they are matched by vin numbers

has anyone had any issues with the anti theft and what message it displays my HU gets power and will show the time and eject cd's but nothing basically it will operate as if the key was not in it. it does not display Locked like the older models do but i cant find anything about the new ones other than they are matched by vin numbers
Have you tried completely disconnecting your battery?

Try it out then touch both connecters together to release any power left over..

Leave it for 10 mins and connect it back together. If else you may have corrupted your computer and need a reflash by dealer.

just tried it no luck... everything is back to stock except for reconnecting all the door speakers again on the stock harness might as well just get a aftermarket HU at this point

you dont have to replace the doors back to stock they wont make a difference. sound for the blinker and door chime run through the stereo so if the stereo isnt working properly then no sound. Almost sounds like to me that the data wire was tapped and not the dimmer wire. I do believe the dimmer is through the data signal wire and thats why when you have an interface piece for an aftermarket deck the illumination comes from the interface and not the main vehicle wiring harness. disconnect all batteries and let sit overnight. Otherwise you may be looking into having to replace the bcm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.