2014 charger with 4 channel amp issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

mxjuxior

CarAudio.com Newbie
texas
I have a 2014 charger with factory beats audio system I bought the crutchfield harness to bypass the amp and replaced my 6x9 with kicker ks ran it to a lc7i then to a 4 channel amp the problem I am having is if I turn the volume up all the way playing or not playing music I’m getting a loud hiss coming out of the speakers once I turn the volume all the way down to 0 I’m still getting a really low static I’ve tried regrounding re wiring changing the amplifier went through multiple ground loop isolators and even connecting the harness input directly to the amp but nothing works anyone have any ideas or had a similar problem before

IMG_9269.jpeg

Have you cracked open that older Epicenter? I wonder if there may be a bad Diode needing to be replaced or if it could be the issue? What brand of RCAs are you using?I ran an XEC 1000 that did not like anything but Gold Plated RCAs, that I finally got rid of a bothersome hiss in my tweets off an Autotek BTX 7204. Any way you can remove it out of the equation to test to see if it may be the issue?

Last edited:
Have you cracked open that older Epicenter? I wonder if there may be a bad Diode needing to be replaced or if it could be the issue? What brand of RCAs are you using?I ran an XEC 1000 that did not like anything but Gold Plated RCAs, that I finally got rid of a bothersome hiss in my tweets off an Autotek BTX 7204. Any way you can remove it out of the equation to test to see if it may be the issue?
Just recently installed the epicenter had my hiss before I’ve also changed rcas a couple of times I’ve tried Skar street link and stinger

Just recently installed the epicenter had my hiss before I’ve also changed rcas a couple of times I’ve tried Skar street link and stinger
I use stinger RCAs. Some of the best Ive used over the years. Have you tried adding another ground wire to the existing off the HU to ground to the metal bar cleaned off or a cleaned off bolt under the dash that goes to a solid metal frame structure yet? Could be a grounding issue with the HU?
You can take wire strippers and strip the existing wire/ground wire and expose the wiring without cutting it and attach another wire to run to another grounding location

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...