2015 GTI MK7 DSP Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
It is a problem with the ms-8. The time alignment makes a delay echo. Trumpet sent me a link to a patch download but I didn't save it. The newer ones built where already patched.

It is a problem with the ms-8. The time alignment makes a delay echo. Trumpet sent me a link to a patch download but I didn't save it. The newer ones built where already patched.
Ahhhh that *****. So basically every single in-car bluetooth will conflict with a DSP? That's a huge issue for me, as I use my phone all the time, but I guess I can live with it.

So, I have the option of buying a Helix DSP for $350 or a MS8 for $350, or a 360.3 for $300. Which one should I go with? The 360.3 I hear is garbage, the MS8 is best for auto-EQ, and the Helix is best for tuning and tweaking but has no summing functions. Any thoughts?

If you don't have a lot of experience or tools like RTA and good software the MS-8 is a good choice.
i really hate the little screen and remote that comes with it though. Also the fact that it is the only unit i've read about that echoes over bluetooth is pushing me away from it. I don't want to have to grab a remote control and turn off the processing every tiem I get a phonecall.

i vote for helix i just installed a helix system in my 14 jetta and love it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. And you can buy the factory wire for easy install integration.

Helix PP-AC88 Plug & Play Harness Connects a Helix processor/amplifier to select 2003-up Volkswagen and Audi vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Match PP82DSP Digital signal processor with built-in 8-channel amplifier at Crutchfield.com

really look into the match setup if you want a really easy intergration with amp and helix dsp. Match is made by the same company as helix

Audiotec Fischer GmbH | Innovative Car Audio

i vote for helix i just installed a helix system in my 14 jetta and love it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. And you can buy the factory wire for easy install integration.

Helix PP-AC88 Plug & Play Harness Connects a Helix processor/amplifier to select 2003-up Volkswagen and Audi vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Match PP82DSP Digital signal processor with built-in 8-channel amplifier at Crutchfield.com

really look into the match setup if you want a really easy intergration with amp and helix dsp. Match is made by the same company as helix

Audiotec Fischer GmbH | Innovative Car Audio
THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!!! Thanks!

The '15 GTI is a little different than the '14 models because it is an MK7, so I'm guessing they probably changed a lot of stuff. I don't want to pay $800 for a MATCH as I can get a C-DSP for around 350.

Also, does the factory radio cable only work with the match or can it work for the Helix DSP? I wanna go active, so this may not be as easy as plug and play.

nvm: contacted Helix about it waiting for a response.

Also, does the factory radio cable only work with the match or can it work for the Helix DSP? I wanna go active, so this may not be as easy as plug and play.
nvm: contacted Helix about it waiting for a response.
match helix i believe are the same //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif both use the integrated cables. but if you are going to go active then you wont use them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.