2017 hyundai santa fe replacement speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

chillin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So my dad had a santa fe with the infinity 12 speaker stereo in it and blew a door speaker. Hyundai in Canada wants over $400 for a replacement. I've been told they are 1.8ohm, so not sure what kind of options are out there for a replacement speaker. Does anyone have experience with this car?

Also from what I can tell, the tweeters are amped separately, no external crossover. So I believe the amp does the band pass for each door speaker but if anyone knows for sure, that would be great.

You didn’t indicate what year. Go to Crutchfield and find out what size they are and go from there. It appears that the tweeters can be either .75” or 1” (with minor modification). The lower front door speakers are up to 6.5” speakers. You could get by with replacing both r/l fronts’ (either using the channel that is amplifying the existing tweeter with this silk dome) or using the supplied crossovers and bypassing the amplification for the existing tweeters all together. Here are some very reasonable NVX 2ohm separates that you can pick up for $129.99.

https://nvx.com/products/vsp65kit2f...lk-dome-tweeters?_pos=25&_sid=c4ba900ac&_ss=r

This is going to be a bit of crapshoot, could work great, and could just be good, definitely better than a blown driver. You could also just get a pair of these and replace what it is in the lower doors (assuming that is the only dirver that is blown). Even if one driver is blown, replace both R/L. $149.99

https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-sp...62-cdt-audio-65-2-ohm-mid-range-speakers.html

They’re listed as midrange speakers but the FS is 55Hz, pretty typical for a 6.5” car full-range speaker, either group or set of drivers are 2ohm’s and will work with existing OEM equipment.

Last edited:
Sorry, it's a 2017.
Ha, well sometimes one gets lucky! I used 2017 as the year when I did my research. figured that it's 2023, 5-6 year itch when it's paid off, time to pawn it off on a familiyt member! That said, what I provided would suffice.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. There was a typo up there. It's still my dad's vehicle. Has, not had. If it was mine or would be getting a much bigger upgrade. He's trying to just fix the problem.

I pulled the speaker and the diaphragm had come unglued from the voice coil. I put a thin layer of rubber cement (all I had in my house) around and so far it sounds good apparently. Dad lives an hour away so he didn't turn it on till the next day to make sure it dried. He hasn't cranked it up yet, so don't know how it will hold up. If it doesn't, I'll probably try the cdt's as I don't feel like f^cking with the tweeters in his vehicle. Keep it as stock as possible.

Thanks guys. There was a typo up there. It's still my dad's vehicle. Has, not had. If it was mine or would be getting a much bigger upgrade. He's trying to just fix the problem.

I pulled the speaker and the diaphragm had come unglued from the voice coil. I put a thin layer of rubber cement (all I had in my house) around and so far it sounds good apparently. Dad lives an hour away so he didn't turn it on till the next day to make sure it dried. He hasn't cranked it up yet, so don't know how it will hold up. If it doesn't, I'll probably try the cdt's as I don't feel like f^cking with the tweeters in his vehicle. Keep it as stock as possible.
Ya man.. No telling how long that will last. you do one are and the weakest point begins to fail sooner or later. Looking at CDT speakers,. They are some great speakers for the money. Ive liked all mine but never cared for the CL series, of which may be just fine for most normal listening volumes. i would check out theyre Monthly specials on speakers. they always have a great deal on something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...