$250-$300 for a new deck, help?

JeffyZ33
10+ year member

not******
In A Tree
Well i have $250-$300 to spend on a new deck, or more if needed. I want something nice and flashy with good animations and etc. I also want an input so I can plug in an MP3 player or my laptop. Need good preouts to compliment 4 ported RE8s and a full set of Type S speakers. I was looking at the Panasonics for around $300, and they seem real nice with a good looking display and 5v preouts, is there anything bad about them? Any better ones for the price?

I'm looking mainly at the Panasonic CQ-C9701U. It's around $335 shipped, but since it's something I really like, I'm willing to go over my limit. Is there something that is absolutely better then this, or are there problems with these?

Pioneer DEH-P860MP? Has great features (13 band parametric eq is what i like, and why i may buy one), has nice 6.5 volt preout voltage (x3), and is probably "flashy" enough for your liking. I'm not sure about the mp3 hookup though.

That looks nice, but is a little over what im wanting to spend (at least the places i've found it), and I dont see anything about inputs. Any other suggestions?

That looks nice, but is a little over what im wanting to spend (at least the places i've found it), and I dont see anything about inputs. Any other suggestions?
get teh 860, best deck that been mentioned in this thread

ummmm.... alpine? They have improved their looks but they still win in the sound quality category for that price range. They run off of ai-net connection, you can pick up the ai to rca adapter for twenty dollar at numerous locations.

ummmm.... alpine? They have improved their looks but they still win in the sound quality category for that price range. They run off of ai-net connection, you can pick up the ai to rca adapter for twenty dollar at numerous locations.
Does alpine have an eq?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.