$2500 Car Audio System suggestions?

That's a good budget. You need to let some people on here guide you the right way. Go watch some youtube videos of some of these subs people mention, get a custom box made, you will be very happy. There is much better out there than what you listed, let us help you.

i'll list out a sound quality loudness build.Amazon.com: KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex 0 Gauge Power Amp Wiring Kit: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex Kable 0 Gauge Power Wire Blue OFC: Automotive price per foot for your big 3 upgrade, you might wanna alternate between the colors.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/mechman-h-o-alternators/565567-mechman-alternator-xs-power-combo-discounts.html Hit this guy up for your alternators with a PM/email or call and he'll set you up with a good alternator and batteries.

So far thats all the electricals and wiring should be around 700$ give or take 100

It should leave you 1800 for your subs, enclosure and amp.

Q1-3500D.1 Amplifier with your electricals, it should give you more than the amp's rated rms.

if you dont mind the wait, you can order 2 FIQs from Fi Q Series Sub Woofers | Fi Q Subwoofer

This would leave you with around 400 dollars for the enclosure and installation. with the FIQ you can go sealed for sound quality but it'll get waay louder than L7s and sound like JL w7s if not better and louder. Of course you can also go custom ported which would be a lot louder and wont sacrifice much sound quality if the box is properly built.

For the enclosure, some other guys can chime in on this and recommend a good box builder on the forums.

And the installation, if you have no clue what your doing, try to look stuff up on google, youtube or w/e it'll save a lot of money if you learn how to do it yourself or at least the simple things first and leaving the harder stuff that you can't figure out to your local audio shop to save some money.
Good recommendations for the most part... But we don't know his goals yet. Most people who say they want SPL have never heard a system of this degree. that's not giving him any options.

Also XS power is entirely overpriced, even with the 10% discount.

lol yeah its just a generall SQL type of build to cover some bases for the average basshead but yeah he can save a bit more with the batteries from sear's agm. what we need from you @4Exile is, do you want to go def? Or do you want to have a really nice, accurate and smooth sounding bass? Or a combination of the two?

For subs I'd stick to ~2kW, maybe a pair of Tantric MD 12's, or you might be able to squeeze a pair of DC Level 3 15's in there (DC's tend to do well in smaller boxes), maybe PSI Platform 1's or go custom from a builder. Sticking to ~2kW will reduce the amount of electrical upgrades, therefore less money on that, and also less weight. Q1-2200D (Q1-2200D) is tough to beat for the price, new anyway. JBL MS-62C's are a real nice set of comps for decent change, Tantric also just released a set of comps. You can get a HU for $300 or less, DEH-80PRS or CDA-9887 or the like. There are a lot of choices for 4 channel amps, but you can snag a decent one for around $300.

Also, have you considered a dual 10 or single 15 setup instead? I doubt you want to weigh down a quick little car like a WRX and slow it down. Either of those options would also get plenty loud on the right power.

And I'd make sure your enclosure was made of birch/arauco to further save weight

Like others said, you have a lot to choose from with a $2500 budget. Heres a quick setup I put together thatll be nice.
2) 12" Sundown sa-12's - $389.99

Sundown saz-1200 - $399.99

KnuKoncepts 4 gauge amp kit (ofc) - $62.99 (You can get cca wire to save money but id pick ofc over it.)

KnuKoncepts 4 gauge 4 channel amp kit (ofc) - $71.49

Custom built enclosure - around $200 I recommend getting it from double 07.

2) Sundown sa 6.5cs components - $400

MB Quart oa800 4 channel amp - $159.99

= $1,684.45 and leaves quite a bit for a nice head unit.
Thank you that is exactly the type of post I was looking for.

Also, have you considered a dual 10 or single 15 setup instead? I doubt you want to weigh down a quick little car like a WRX and slow it down. Either of those options would also get plenty loud on the right power.
And I'd make sure your enclosure was made of birch/arauco to further save weight
I have considered a dual 10 or single 15 setup, but I thought maybe dual 12's was the sweet spot. Do you lose out on SPL by going with a single 15 over dual 10's/12's? Also any recommendations on a couple 10's or a single 15?

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions.

As a side note what counts more in this forum the "Thanks!" button, or the "Likes" button, or can I leave both?

Edit: I forgot to mention I would like a good balance between SPL and SQ. I listen to mostly Pop, Dubstep and Hip Hop and would play it through an ipod connected to the HU.

if you want a combination of both then look at the tantric subs,even 1 12 done in the right box will get loud , the hd 12 about 355 plus shipping then the amp there are some nice amps that will work ,the saz 2000 ,dc 2.0 , aq 2200,and vfl 120.1 all around $600 new or less.a big 3 kit ,about $45 0 gauge amp kit ofc $100 for a good one ,deck 80 prs or cz 702 300 or less like stated ,deaden the doors and trunk $200-$300 custom box $200 or less @double 07 ; front components $300 phd ,cdt ,jbl,dls,and a amp for them $300 and rear fill coaxes or mids $120 .i'd look into the vfl hybrid or other mini amps to also keep the weight down .

Thank you that is exactly the type of post I was looking for.

I have considered a dual 10 or single 15 setup, but I thought maybe dual 12's was the sweet spot. Do you lose out on SPL by going with a single 15 over dual 10's/12's? Also any recommendations on a couple 10's or a single 15?

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions.

As a side note what counts more in this forum the "Thanks!" button, or the "Likes" button, or can I leave both?

Edit: I forgot to mention I would like a good balance between SPL and SQ. I listen to mostly Pop, Dubstep and Hip Hop and would play it through an ipod connected to the HU.
A high quality 15 (one that was rated for twice the power of comparable 12s) would be about the same as 2 12s as far as SPL goes and possibly save you some space and weight. (and cost less).

15s to look at: (first two are my favorites based on reviews I've read - very loud AND musical)

Tantric HD 15 (2-5 ft^3 ported enclosure, owner said 4 cubic feet was the best mixture of SPL and being musical)

AA Havoc 15

DC Lv4 15 (3.25 ft^3)

Digital Designs 9515

Sundown Z15 v3 (3 ft^3)

Incriminator Death Penalty 15

Amps to look at:

DC 2.0k

Incriminator 20.1

Sundown SAZ-2000D

SoundQubed Q1-2200

Digital Designs M2A

Crescendo BC2000d

American Bass VFL120.1

Also, you can always go for used equipment to save a LOT of money.

I would also recommend new door speakers and an amp for them as well. $2500 gives you a lot of options, better than the noobs that come in here and say "I have $200 and I want 4 15s what are my choices"
I agree, explore your options.

With the company that this guy stated, you could not go wrong.

Of course there is also nothing wrong with Kicker, JL or other mainstream brands. It all comes down to what you prefer.

You can just get more bang for your buck and most of the times better quality with the not so well known brands.

I agree, explore your options.With the company that this guy stated, you could not go wrong.

Of course there is also nothing wrong with Kicker, JL or other mainstream brands. It all comes down to what you prefer.

You can just get more bang for your buck and most of the times better quality with the not so well known brands.
I agree with nothing being wrong with JL (other than price) but not so much for Kicker. They've thrown all sound quality out the door and gone for loudness and marketing.

well it depends if u want to be stupid loud or just when the times call it scenario to show off loud...cause with that much money to spend u have a good budget for either system.... don't go with kicker jl mtx...useless in my op and Alot of others on this forum go for dd sundown skar etc for subs amps u can get warranty online for same or equal price....flastrongman is a custom box builder with some good prices to get ur subs of choice in the proper box tuned right and put great finishing touches on ur box, I know cause I have one...Gud luck

You say no to JL, but say yes to Skar? Ugh...

Kicker and JL actually have a line of fantastic products, sure you can obtain similar no problem, but please don't go and tell someone to look into Skar. At the very least recommend Sundown SA series or Obsidian OA series over Skar garbage. Also, if a fellow can find for instance some 12w6s or 12/13W7s, for a decent price, and/or say a Kicker _ _2500, then go for it. I would love to have a pair of Kicker's ZX2500s to replace my ol' Cactus 5k to change things up. And for a FANTASTIC balance of SQ and SPL, there isn't a single driver on the market (yet, but Jacob is closing in on that one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif), that outperforms the W7 line.

Anyhow, my recommendations would be a 4ch amplifier of say PPI Phantom series and a decent set of components up front. You can get away with spending less than $200 for a lovely set. Be sure to obtain the speaker spacers or make some, because our stupid Rexes have like 2-2/3" of mouting depth for speakers up front lol. AGH! I hate that fact about our Scoobs.

Then a decent Class D monoblock amplifier. Depending on how "loud" you want to go, and how much power you want to run, a single matching PPI amplifier could be had for fairly inexpensive, then just add another when you want to go bigger. IIRC they have a nice 900Wrms or 1kWrms amplifier. Then, purchase some plans, or have somebody like myself and a bunch of others on the forums design and build you a proper enclosure for your woofers. That enclosure will play a HUGE portion in it all.

It would be a great idea to deaden a bit and moreover seal up those front doors, so your components can REALLY shine as well. Proper cabling is a must also. Depending on how much power you want to run in the end will decide whether or not you will need an alternator upgrade or not. The stock battery up front a quality "audio" type of battery in the rear will be enough to support lots 'o power just fine. If you want to runs lots of power, there are plenty of options out there for amplifiers as well, that are great quality and efficient. It just depends which woofers/power handling/what your entire goals in the end are. Seeing as how a properly done 1kW to 1.5kW can make tons of people bail out of a car, it all depends what you want.

You do not need to spend nearly the $2.5k you were thinking. Not even close. You could have a stupidly powerful and clean system for less than half of that I assure you.

You say no to JL, but say yes to Skar? Ugh...Kicker and JL actually have a line of fantastic products, sure you can obtain similar no problem, but please don't go and tell someone to look into Skar. At the very least recommend Sundown SA series or Obsidian OA series over Skar garbage. Also, if a fellow can find for instance some 12w6s or 12/13W7s, for a decent price, and/or say a Kicker _ _2500, then go for it. I would love to have a pair of Kicker's ZX2500s to replace my ol' Cactus 5k to change things up. And for a FANTASTIC balance of SQ and SPL, there isn't a single driver on the market (yet, but Jacob is closing in on that one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif), that outperforms the W7 line.

Anyhow, my recommendations would be a 4ch amplifier of say PPI Phantom series and a decent set of components up front. You can get away with spending less than $200 for a lovely set. Be sure to obtain the speaker spacers or make some, because our stupid Rexes have like 2-2/3" of mouting depth for speakers up front lol. AGH! I hate that fact about our Scoobs.

Then a decent Class D monoblock amplifier. Depending on how "loud" you want to go, and how much power you want to run, a single matching PPI amplifier could be had for fairly inexpensive, then just add another when you want to go bigger. IIRC they have a nice 900Wrms or 1kWrms amplifier. Then, purchase some plans, or have somebody like myself and a bunch of others on the forums design and build you a proper enclosure for your woofers. That enclosure will play a HUGE portion in it all.

It would be a great idea to deaden a bit and moreover seal up those front doors, so your components can REALLY shine as well. Proper cabling is a must also. Depending on how much power you want to run in the end will decide whether or not you will need an alternator upgrade or not. The stock battery up front a quality "audio" type of battery in the rear will be enough to support lots 'o power just fine. If you want to runs lots of power, there are plenty of options out there for amplifiers as well, that are great quality and efficient. It just depends which woofers/power handling/what your entire goals in the end are. Seeing as how a properly done 1kW to 1.5kW can make tons of people bail out of a car, it all depends what you want.

You do not need to spend nearly the $2.5k you were thinking. Not even close. You could have a stupidly powerful and clean system for less than half of that I assure you.
There's plenty that do just that, although their prices aren't too much cheaper. The W7 hasn't been updated in a long time. And I STRONGLY agree with the last part of your post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.