3rd times the charm?

Mexar
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alberta
One last attempt at this style of box, one that takes up my whole hatch... taking a LOT more time on this one, won't be done in a day!

Gonna be less pictures than the last one, but hopefully more success and a better final picture!

Here's the goodies

Port getting glued together

IMGP0910.jpg

IMGP0911.jpg

IMGP0912.jpg

Painted, 1 coat so far

IMGP0916.jpg

Front, top, and bottom with the paint for the port

IMGP0914.jpg

My, on top of the port brace... Yay for skill-saw drop cutting!

IMGP0915.jpg

Dirty car, with the old box, hopefully this new one fits / looks better!

IMGP0848.jpg

And that's it for now, hoping to get the final 2 coats of paint on the port / bottom for tomorrow, sand and clear coat on thursday, then it's onto assembly!

I only have about 2 hours to do any cuts I need after work, as it gets dark nice and early this time of year, so I bring the pieces in to work on 'em after dark, hence why it's gonna be a lot slower of a build. Hoping that works in my favor though!

Edit : All the green paint was a first attempt at painting the port... but the paint itself was absolutely HORRIBLE, so I scraped it all off and went to blue!

46 views and not a single comment =(

Will have more pics up tomorrow... glueing the brace in now, port is attached to the front, and sides are getting cut

Slow update, but lots of pictures!

Port, meet front!!

IMGP0917.jpg

IMGP0918.jpg

Bracing!!

IMGP0920.jpg

IMGP0921.jpg

See! I did get better at not using GOBS of glue!

IMGP0922.jpg

Some nearly put togethers

IMGP0924.jpg

IMGP0925.jpg

IMGP0923.jpg

Backside shot (I messed up my math for the brace angle, had to cut it off, gonna glue a piece on either side to get a good hold on the back wall)

IMGP0926.jpg

Some silicone, making sure it's airtight!

IMGP0927.jpg

And thats where it sits now... just gotta cut 5 more pieces (4 sides, and the back) glue it all together, sub cutouts, then let it sit for a test tomorrow!! If all works, I'll be sanding the heck outta it and painting the whole box... not sure what color yet, maybe just a flat black =)

If this one turns out crappy, like I fully expect it too, I'm gonna drop the airspace, do a proper slot port, and just build it square lol... these angles and the top being different shape from the bottom is killing me!

And some "as finished as it's gonna get for a bit" pictures

Inside

IMGP0950.jpg

Down the mouth of the beast!

IMGP0948.jpg

The most annoying part of this design

IMGP0946.jpg

And some laying there's

IMGP0947.jpg

IMGP0949.jpg

Gonna mount up the speaker wire today, and throw the subs in the car... see how it works, hoping it's a lot better than the last one =)

nice box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif love seein people do crazy angles/shapes with wood and not just rectangles

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.