3X Western Digital Raptors and 3 drive caddy

Speedbump3

Banned
Lounge
If you are looking for a Raptor it is safe to say you know about them. They are extremely fast and efficient SATA drives, especially in RAIDS. These are used drives but not abused. They have been in a RAID5 pulling duty as the hard drive for my operating system and apps. I guarantee these will arrive in working order. if not, then let me know within 7 days of receiving and I will work with you on refund/partial refund whichever we BOTH agree on. These are the 36GB Raptors.

The enclosure is an Athena Power 3 drive caddy for SATA. It takes up 2x 5.25 bays on your tower and make them 3x 3.5 removable drive bays. Great for when the unfortunate happens and a drive needs to be replaced and the array rebuilt. 3 is all you need for a RAID 5 array. Raid 5 is a striped array that uses distributed parity bits across all drives so it can be rebuilt. So you get the speed of 0 with a peace of mind. The caddy also has an 80mm fan installed on the rear to keep these drives cool.

I am in the process of replacing ALL my drives in my server and clients right now. That is the only reason for selling.

In order to use these in RAID of any kind, you will need a RAID controller which is not included here. This is just the drives and enclosure to build a nice array.

I ship with signature confirmation and FULLY insured. I will not use any cheaper or less opted method of shipping. If local we can certainly work on pickup and waive ship costs.

If paying via Paypal, please note that I will ONLY ship to CONFIRMED ADRESSES. No exceptions.

$150 + $20 shipping s(reasonable offer via PM will be considered)

Trades I am interested in are an HU with capability to go active and has decent processing ability. Nothing else is needed at this time.

Refs:

Ebay

Heatware

Feel free to send a message to either or both of those accounts for verification that they are mine.

mini-hdds4sale007.jpg

mini-hdds4sale008.jpg

Holy hell man, are you saying 170 for all 3 drives? and the enclosure? If anyone doesn't know about these drives, they are without question some of the best drives you can buy for your home computer.

You upgrading to velociraptor's?

Holy hell man, are you saying 170 for all 3 drives? and the enclosure? If anyone doesn't know about these drives, they are without question some of the best drives you can buy for your home computer.
You upgrading to velociraptor's?
Correct on all counts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Have you run disc diag. tools on them? How are they running? Any bad sectors?
They were running error free. No clicks or screeching either. If bad sectors are found within 7 days on any of them, I will promptly work with buyer for a refund on the bad HD or all 3 if they wish.

Additionally, the one pictured is still covered under mfg warranty and I will have to check the rest when I get home. I forgot to do that on them.

For anyone who doesn't know about these drives. They are enterprise class, 10,000rpm with 5 year warranties.

This is all I run in my computers. Once you get them, you never use anything else (well until the velociraptors came out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif)

oh my ****ing god that is an insane price... plus that little holder for em is sexy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i had a pair of 36 gig raptors in raid 0 for a while.... blazing ****ing fast, it was insane... moved on to a lower cost/gig ratio cause i stopped hardcore gaming so i really didnt need 3ms response lol.... but **** loading BF2 on raid 0 raptors..... maps loaded so **** fast //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For anyone who doesn't know about these drives. They are enterprise class, 10,000rpm with 5 year warranties.
This is all I run in my computers. Once you get them, you never use anything else (well until the velociraptors came out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif)
omg can you imagine velociraptors in raid 0... i would **** my pants lol.

I will know what 4 do in a RAID 5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I actually run a RAID 0 on 3 of them (raptors, not Veloci) for BF2. Everyone gets pissed that I am flying the J-10 before they even load in ha ha ha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Speedbump3

Banned
Speedbump3
Lounge
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views