4 15's or 8 12's blow through bandpass

4 15's or 8 12's

• 4 15's FI SSD's or Soundstream SPLX-post which sub!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 8 12's Alpine Type R's

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
what program are you using to draw up that design? i need to do that for my new setup. i have it pictured in my head but i need to see it like that.

12s can get earthquake low but still, look at circumstance of the 12 vs the 15 there is more cone area. moving that much more air those 12s would have big xmas to flap like a fukin humming birds wings to hit like a 15. and there is no way in hell that a 12 can hit like a 18" it would have like 4 inch excursion on a 12" sub

everyone is gonna say box design, box design, box design, to a point and after that its the mechanical ability of the sub.

**** what a hard choice lol, or say screw it have the cone area of 8 12's and the lows of a 15 with 4 15's l7's haa

yea i was looking into the SSD's or go the cheaper route and alpine type R's

or 4 15's SSD's or soundstream splx just dont know what way to go

12s can get earthquake low but still, look at circumstance of the 12 vs the 15 there is more cone area. moving that much more air those 12s would have big xmas to flap like a fukin humming birds wings to hit like a 15. and there is no way in hell that a 12 can hit like a 18" it would have like 4 inch excursion on a 12" sub
everyone is gonna say box design, box design, box design, to a point and after that its the mechanical ability of the sub.
not necessarily. it may not get as loud, but will still reproduce low notes as good. i think what you're getting at is which one would be louder

I want w/e best for daily loud and low bass. I am used to only 2 12's sqaures on 1500 watts with one 6"aero tuned to 33hz i liked how that produced as in the low bass so something similar to that or even lower i will be happy but want it to be much louder

I offered him 4 AA Chaos and a Sundown 3k for $1,300. I was telling him thats a heck of a deal and probably the best he will find for the price.
Eh. That's an alright deal. 600 for the amp and 700 for the subs. 175 a sub, could possibly do better for around the same price.

Eh. That's an alright deal. 600 for the amp and 700 for the subs. 175 a sub, could possibly do better for around the same price.
What can I get better for that much money??

say 1500 is the budget for amp and subs?? What can I get to do the best daily?

If you picked the 8 12's or 4 15's tell me why u picked what you did. I need to decide.

Thanks

If you picked the 8 12's or 4 15's tell me why u picked what you did. I need to decide.
Thanks
YOU need to decide is the key word. There are a ton of set ups that will do what you want. Just make a decision already as this is not life or death. So many guys over analyize this **** to death //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

The $1300 deal in the proper enclosure would do very well, especially compared to what you're used to. Night and day diff....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...