4 IDQ 10's or 3 12's

are these v2 or v3? and the power thing would almost be kinda important. are you building the box to spec via ID? the 4 10s will be louder because of the more cone area, what are you using for the rest of the system? it'll all be a factor of importance for a SQ system. have u been over to http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/forum yet? Eric and Matt are all about offering ideas.

i know you didnt list the idmax but maybe a single max would suffice? i plan to run a single 12" in my car powered by an alpine mrp-m1000 so it'll be seeing a 1000 watts at 2 ohms.

my friend has a max in his stratus powered by a pb asa1000.1 and it sounds really good. its in a 2.5 cube ported box(not sure on tuning) and sounds very clean, very accurate and has just enough spl to get by.

however for ohm load purposes i from what you have listed i would probably do the 4 idq 10"s

although either way you cant go wrong

are these v2 or v3? and the power thing would almost be kinda important. are you building the box to spec via ID? the 4 10s will be louder because of the more cone area, what are you using for the rest of the system? it'll all be a factor of importance for a SQ system. have u been over to http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/forum yet? Eric and Matt are all about offering ideas.
4 10's will be 314 of cone area

3 12's will be 339.12

the 12's take the cone area but however with a extra sub you could possibly throw more power at the 10's depending on how much the power difference is in the 10's and 12's however i think the 12's ported would be louder and deeper however you are talking bout SQ so 4 10's sealed would be better SQ i think

oh and he too has the ctx comps in his car and that is powered by a whatever the bigger merlin series amp us had recently? im sure you know what im talking about since you get stuff through dragon.

his comps dont sound horrible but i feel his install could improve. he has untreated doors and his baffle is just a plastic metra kit.

i was considering a idmax but im going for looks also and i would like to fill up the trunk, i was looking at the id horns also but im not sure where i would mount them
i hear you on wanting to make is look good and horsemanwill can help you with the horns. he has experience with them i dont, well yet anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

autosportsunltd

10+ year member
autosportsunltd
Clarksburg WV
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from