4" comps

it is literally impossible. fitting the 4 inchers in there is a tight fit. only way to fit anything bigger would be to mske door pods and thats not gonna happen cause i cant fit myself inside the truck then. i just am looking for any kind of advise on what will sound decent on 40ish watts

new or used? what kind of depth do you have?

4 INCH WOOFERS from Parts Express ship same day and come with 45 day money back guarantee. Free Shipping Available. Order free 10,000 product catalog.

Dayton Audio RS100-4

or

Tang Band W4-1720

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

start with a 4" midbass/midrange driver, then add a tweeter. tweeters are easy to add. plenty of them available new or used. just compare recommended crossover points.

i like that dayton. says its full range so could i run that full range then throw in a tweeter correctly crossed over? or will running that dayton full range limit its midbass responce?

run the Dayton full range. it'll play up to 20kHz on-axis. problem is that your locations may not be on-axis. that is where a well placed tweeter can help. but i'd start without the tweeter and go from there. it'll sound "smooth" without the tweeter.

midbass won't suffer because you're running full range.

those Dayton's are about as cheap as you'll get while getting a good quality driver. you had two people recommend the same driver at the same time. it's a sign. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Those daytons are my runner up to the HAT l4's, Pretty close in specs but 71.00 shipped vs 255.00 shipped made the dayton a little more accessable for me at this time.

They will be ran in a 3 way active front stage with HAT Imagine 6.5" Tweeter comp set with a 9855 for the Parametric 5 band EQ for processing.

I plan on writing up a small review after I get them installed and dialed in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.