4" Dash speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slo_Ride
5,000+ posts

Regulator
ATLANTA
I need a set of cheap 4" dash speakers for my MR2. Looking for something that is going to get decently loud of of my pioneer headunit. Not looking to spend much money either less than $50. So 4", cheap but good quality, and loud off little power. I was thinking about the Kicker ds series they are about $40, but I'm open to all opinions.

An inportant note I forgot to mention is that they have to have a mounting depth of less than 2". I'm trying to order something today so throw some ideas at me fellas.

probably gonna stick with coaxials, hoping I'd get a few recommendations. I'm gonna keep looking for a little longer and if I cant come up with anything else I'll probably get the Kickers.

Just go with a respectable company and you should be ok.

JL, JBL, Infinity, Pioneer, Kicker.

Unfortunately 4" coaxials aren't a popular size, so finding people with experience isn't going to be easy.

Just go with a respectable company and you should be ok.
JL, JBL, Infinity, Pioneer, Kicker.

Unfortunately 4" coaxials aren't a popular size, so finding people with experience isn't going to be easy.
Yeah I know, unfortunately I dont have any experience with them either. Just looking to replace the factory speakers in the dash. I'll be buying a decent set of components to go in the doors a little later. I appreciate your time, thanks.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_238&products_id=8432

These have a smooth and laid back style to them...the tweeter is very forgiving and isn't going to make you wince. I grabbed a pair of the 6.5" ones and threw them in my old civic hatchback...did well of of the stock HU. It's a little pricier than you're wanting to spend, but I'm sure they'd sound better than some shrill coaxials from most mainstream brands.

those look like they may be to deep. There is a structural brace running across the bottom of the speaker hole on the drivers side. Anything more than 2" deep will not fit. looking for something thats gonna drop right in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Slo_Ride

5,000+ posts
Regulator
Slo_Ride
ATLANTA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date