6.5" woofer

cfox10
10+ year member

Rock the house.
Woofer on the polks couldn't take enough power so they eventually gave out.

Looking for something that'll take 100-200rms... maybe CL-6E, or something?

Woofers only, no crossover, no tweets please.

Looking anywhere from 50-100. May have some trades too depending.

I have used JL C5-650 mids I'm selling. I have new CDT HD-6 and HD-M6 6.7" mids on hand. I could get you B-stock CL-6 mids for $80. Any of these can take 100W all day.

The whole pioneer d series can be had for around 100 and the woofer in that set is very good for the money. Or get a pair of silver flutes
You have experience with both? I've heard good things about silver flutes but they look relatively cheap? Which would produce better midbass as that's what I was lacking a lot with the polk audio ones..

The whole pioneer d series can be had for around 100 and the woofer in that set is very good for the money. Or get a pair of silver flutes
You have experience with both? I've heard good things about silver flutes but they look relatively cheap? Which would produce better midbass as that's what I was lacking a lot with the polk audio ones..

The silver fires are awesome midbasses for the money they just fall off quick so 1800+hz breaks up a bit. Keephopealive used flutes for a good while with great results you can see them in his build log.

And the pioneer d series was a forum boner back in 09 due to the mid driver then the phoenix gold rsdc mids became the boner. You can get those mids for around the same price as well.

These look promising.. I'm gonna give em' a try. It's for my girls car so if they blow or don't sound good, I won't be out too much and I can just toss in something else.
They wont blow.You'll be happy with them.I just sold a pair.Sound nice.

Willing to trade my Coustic Design Reference 510DR for some components/ or woofers... always interested in trying other brands. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Also trade jl 12w3v3 if you pay shipping. :p

I'm looking at the M6+ CDT's for my car. My only concern is the mounting depth. How well do either of the ones you said do with midbass response?
M6+ is not recommended for use in a door without an enclosure. Trying to get deep bass out of a door that doesn't come with a big woofer is a hard task. You can't just drop in a fatty midbass and expect great results. I really wouldn't go with anything beyond HD-M6 or ES-06 if you want a CDT midbass woofer in your door.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.