8 Band EQ tuning

93civEJ1
10+ year member

IL
I have a AVH-P3300BT Pioneer ....i have set my gains where I want and at the head unit 3/4 max listening level. I hardly ever go to the 3/4 mark on my volume control.

Now...I have my system set with the crossovers....LPF set on HU and amp ...set at 80hz for my 8's

the front components use a passive crossover for the mid / tweets

my rear fill I have a pair of co-ax 5 1/4 that im sure have a crossover built into as well.

Now...with that said...I want to get more out of my system.

With my gains set safely how much control do I have on my EQ and still be safe?

my eq bands are:

8-Band Graphic EQ: The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 8-band graphic equalizer (40Hz, 80Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz, and10kHz).

How would you guys adjust this if this were on your HU? I messed with the 10khz yesterday and bumped it up +4 and loved how much it brought my highs up...but i didnt want to mess anything up so I put everything back on flat. Suggestions on a good sounding curve with these 8 settings?

I used an RTA app on my phone and went from there. You can also try some test tones and your ears and just adjust w/e you want. I used the Focal Tools Disc 2 which has pretty much everything.

Really personal preference in tuning, so just try different things. I go through each band seperately and raise/lower the level to the highest and then the lowest to see how it affects the speakers. Then just use yours ears and set the band/frequency level what sounds best to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.