9140 installed

jayhawker
10+ year member

I had an 8120 and was lucky enough to get $900 for a few months back so I sold it knowing this was coming out. This is by far a better unit compared to the 8120. I was going to read the owners manual today but didn't have anytime after the BBQ.

I will try and get some better pics and will definitely get a shot of the split screen. Some of the things are the same from 8120 but I will definitely have to read the manual on this one.

im waiting on us to get some of these in, i want to see if i like it

i really like my 812, some pics i saw of the menus on the 9140 i didnt like too much, ill have to see

that looks like a civic dash kit im guessing

give us a full review, I have the 8120 installed but just recently heard about this model. Haven't done any research on it yet though. lol Might as well do that now.

jayhawker, How clear is the Ipod album art?
It has been a while since I had my 8120 in, but this screen is much better than the 8120. I can send you some his res pics if you want them. I need to upload better pics here but still haven't figured out photo bucket.

It also has a split screen. You can have nav on side and your dvd on the other. you can also change the illumination color, as i changed mine to blue to match the interior lights. the voice command seems pretty cool but i really need to read the owners manual to figure this thing out.

I just watched a youtube vid on the 9140 and it looks like I'm gonna pass. He showed how it had a delay when loading Ipod album art. Unless Kenwood comes out with a firmware update to fix the glitch, I can't get one.

Can anyone that has this comment on the ipod playback, does it lag on every song waiting for the album art to play? I want this over the 8120, but ipod is the only way I play music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.