9515 fvcked back latch

littlepucker

Banned
San Diego
So I was playing put on by jeezy (im a tool I know) and the back latch on my explorer started going crazy. TO anybody who isnt familiar with Explorers there is a latch where you can swing the window up.

You can see it here.

The glass swings up when you press the button next to the wiper.

20061208_204835_0005.jpg

Now it won't open?? When I undo the panel behind it i can see where it has two hooks around the part connected to the latch so I am thinking maybe I triggered a theft prevention device or something.

Anyone have anything similar happen??

It rattles like a mofo now and is quite annoying.

friend of mine has an old explorer like a '96 or '95 maybe i think and when he plays jeezy sometimes his top window will open, i remember the first time it happened after he put his 15s in we were driving down the local interstate going maybe 70 or so and it opened up and it pushed papers all through the car

The latch behind the lock cylender more than likely came loose/bent and now needs to be replaced, same thing had happened to a minivan I worked on a while back. (Not caused by audio lol)

My rear wiper always use to leak fluid when I played Jeezy
not hard to imagine your ride crying when you play that **** music //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The latch behind the lock cylender more than likely came loose/bent and now needs to be replaced, same thing had happened to a minivan I worked on a while back. (Not caused by audio lol)
The lock works the latch just won't open.

could be a hundred things homie.... many things break in cars, not necessarily from your sub. take that pannel off and look at what is rattling- if it wasnt before that's probably the thing that's broken

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

littlepucker
San Diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
littlepucker
Screenshot_20240531-022053.png