'99 Grand Prix GT Wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

whitedragon551
5,000+ posts

IL
I have a 99 Grand Prix GT. I am putting the Eclipse CD7000 in it. I get the stuff to install it today from UPS. The wiring harness for the Eclipse has 2 wires: 1 brown and 1 brown with a black stripe and according to the diagram go for the steering wheel controls. I can download the software and install it on the deck so they are compatible with my cars steering wheel controls. Question is I dont know which wires to tap into. Any ideas?

On top of the Eclipse decks is a sticker with the wiring and what each color corresponds to. Brown is steering 1 and brown w/ black stripe is labeled steering 2.

i think you need a adaptor box for the sterring wheel controls, look on sonix

kyle
The CD7000 has the ability for me to burn the PAC software to a CD or memory card and load it into the deck for my cars configuration. I need to know which 2 wires to tap into with the 2 wires that are in the Eclipse harness for the steering wheel controls. Heres a few pics of what Im talking about:

wyeg2IOQ.jpeg

SDKX6REL.jpeg

Brown w/black stripe = steering 1

Brown = steering 2

there control wires for s steering wheel control interface. one is can bus + and the other is can bus - they use variable voltage to control the device which interfaces with the controls from the car. use the iswips from preipheral or the new aswc control from axcess. they work great. if you use the iswips make sure you program the interace before hooking the brown and brown blackto it or it will not program.

The CD7000 has the ability for me to burn the PAC software to a CD or memory card and load it into the deck for my cars configuration. I need to know which 2 wires to tap into with the 2 wires that are in the Eclipse harness for the steering wheel controls. Heres a few pics of what Im talking about:

Gm uses a single wire steering control system typically its light green. use a meter and test for it. it should be behind the deck somewhere or at least in the steering column.....but id use the interface.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.