a boom noise from the subs when turned on

tjjohnson91
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alright he has a pioneer deck not sure the model. i think its a cadence z7000 witch does 1100rms at 1ohm? when he turns his car off the sub makes a boom sound..... even when the cd player is opened then closed, (i think thats when the amp turns on and off) what could it be ground ...... he does have his fuse block a cheap one from walmart over metal could that be the cause of it?

no I think he had the Pioneer pico fuse problem happen to him...

the h/u is gayed out unless you wrap some wire around the outside of the rca's and ground them, ground the chassis of the deck to a separate ground point, and i even wrap wire around the amp end of the rca's and ground them... thats alot of work for that stupid fuse.

Unplug the rca's from the amp, and turn the car on/off, if the problem goes away then it's with your rca's or HU, if it's still there then it's the amp. Most likely it's the pioneer pico fuse, you can try to ground the outer part of the RCA's to the HU chassis but it may not fix it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.