A/C acting funny

albarran9
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
AR
when i bought my car from my nighbor the ac didnt work. He fixed it for me befor i bought it from him supposedly and changed the compressor. it worked fine but that was in december when the cold ac wasnt needed. now it works but it would not get cold air coming out of it. i put in some new coolant stuff in it and some leak sealant. I think it might have a leak in there some where, but the sealant was supposed to show red dye where the leake was and i didnt see any red. it shoots out cold air now but what could of caused the ac to not shoot out cold air befor since there seemed to not be a leak? I'll have to wait and see if the sealant fixed any leaks it might have had. dose any one know what migh be wrong with my ac so i can try and fix it b for i go and and sped a bundle to get it fixed?

if it was the beld shouldt it keep the coolant in? and it still gets power so the belt should be ok?

Yea, but even if you dont have a belt its still possible for the coolant to leak. If your ac isnt cold, there is only 3 possibilites.

1) broken compressor

2)leak

)Broken belt

when i bought my car from my nighbor the ac didnt work. He fixed it for me befor i bought it from him supposedly and changed the compressor. it worked fine but that was in december when the cold ac wasnt needed. now it works but it would not get cold air coming out of it. i put in some new coolant stuff in it and some leak sealant. I think it might have a leak in there some where, but the sealant was supposed to show red dye where the leake was and i didnt see any red. it shoots out cold air now but what could of caused the ac to not shoot out cold air befor since there seemed to not be a leak? I'll have to wait and see if the sealant fixed any leaks it might have had. dose any one know what migh be wrong with my ac so i can try and fix it b for i go and and sped a bundle to get it fixed?

Is it making alot of clicking and popping under the hood when the A/C is on, but sounds quiet when it's switched off? If that's the case, it's a faulty compressor.

I had a similar problem once, the AC would come on but it wasn't blowing cold air. I then realized that my cruise control wasn't working either, the fuse was blown. Check that and see if it solves you problem...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif wish it could be as simple as a blown fuse. I went out and checked all the fuses and they were all ok.

Is it making alot of clicking and popping under the hood when the A/C is on, but sounds quiet when it's switched off? If that's the case, it's a faulty compressor.
not really. i have never heard it sound any other way other than how it's supposed to sound.

Yea, but even if you dont have a belt its still possible for the coolant to leak. If your ac isnt cold, there is only 3 possibilites.
1) broken compressor

2)leak

)Broken belt

LOL!

Is anybody else in the HVAC field? Cause this is amusing....

albarran9

The reason why you probably didn't see the leak is because it was probably in an area you can't see... :wink:

I hope you put the right refridgerant in....

X2 on the shop...some people get themselves into more expenses when they try to repair things on their own and end up making the problem worst

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.