A couple aero port questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ovalevader
10+ year member

Bay Area
I'm building a fiberglass box for a se15 that is 4.2 cubes before Port and sub displacement, and I am looking at different port options. I want to use a 6 in. Aero port, and I am aiming for 33 hz. The area behind where I want to mount the port is 18 inches deep, so I have a few questions:

how long does the port need to be?

What wil a full length port tune to? (also how long is a full length port)

will I have enough clearance to the back wall of the box?

Thanks guys!

well i got this from a buddy of mine once an he said they wasn't totally off but it could use some tweaking but its a aeroport tuning guide i have used it once an it was pretty close prolly a few hz lower than i needed it to be but i put in your numbers an it said witha flared end do it 14in total thats counting the flare too i suppose an straight cut like if your using a piece of pvc pipe cut it 13in long. just my 2cents homie hope it helps ya out.

Products Menu

here is the site if ya wanna check it out for yaself homie

well i got this from a buddy of mine once an he said they wasn't totally off but it could use some tweaking but its a aeroport tuning guide i have used it once an it was pretty close prolly a few hz lower than i needed it to be but i put in your numbers an it said witha flared end do it 14in total thats counting the flare too i suppose an straight cut like if your using a piece of pvc pipe cut it 13in long. just my 2cents homie hope it helps ya out. Products Menu

here is the site if ya wanna check it out for yaself homie
Yep, good aero calculator.

Don't forget to use NET displacement when calculating. From what I've read on here it's good to have atleast the port diameters distance away from walls, bracing, etc. With a 14 inch aero that leaves only 4 for clearence. It's gonna be a tight sqeeze but then again you could always tune a little higher.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.