A good sq match for my DE1000?

firealhrdcor
10+ year member

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a subwoofer (or two) to mate up to my usamps de1000 @ 1ohm. My goal is to have a great sq substage. Of course some nice output won't hurt, but its not my main objective.

After reading through this board for awhile and the great 12" challenge I've found myself really wanting a pair of Rainbow Vanadium 12s. They obviously have a great reputation and would seemingly be a good match for my de1000. (Two 4ohm dvc subwoofers handling around 600watts each would put me at a 1ohm load for my amp and around 1200 watts total, which my de1000 should be able to match.)

Another option is the SI Mag. Since these are reported to have greater output potential than the rainbows, and are available in dual 2ohm, I'd only be looking to get one of these to go with my amp.

Obviously the rainbow's would cost quite a bit more, but am I correct in believing that I would get a great sq substage with them, as well as good output potential with a pair and at least 1kw?

I guess I'm just throwing these ideas around to see what you guys think and get a better idea of what other options I may have. My budget is limited, and if I could find a way to afford the rainbow's, that'd be about as much as I'm willing to spend on my substage. Fi Q is another option, as well as any fresh new subwoofers that are set to be released within the next couple months. Also, I drive a 99 impreza wagon, if that means anything to anyone.

Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong and make other suggestions if you don't think two vanadiums would mate well with a de1000.

Cheers

Deciding between the Vanadiums and the Mags would be a really tough choice...I liked them both a lot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The SI driver would be more tolerant of higher power in a daily environment, however...and just had a better overall sense of presence. Not presence in a bad way, like you could clearly hear where the sub was located, but an authority on the bottom that the Vanadium didn't quite have as much of.

I would vote MAG also, I loved it. If you can afford it get it, if not there are others that have great SQ and output with similar power handeling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.