ab xfl 1244, need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

sstepp
10+ year member

ok i have 2 ab xfl 1244 on a hifonics 3000D probably only puttin around 1000 into each sub. my box is pre fab and i want to make one myself but i cannot find any measurments online or anything for these subs. few local car shops want over $350 to make one lol.. but before i go and make one.. i been runnin these subs in this pre fab 1.75 each enclosure they sounded alright at first but def not what there made to sound like. now their starting to sound kind of crappy. i dont think the subs are goin i think the box is just blowing apart. but they dont sound right anymore. these subs able to be brought back to life if i make a box built to spec for them? or am i goin to waste my time since ive ran these subs in a prefab for about a year. even tho ive probably only hit 1000 watts into each one. and if you guys know the box specs or any other links or anyoe else whos built a box for these things lemme know..

a buddy has a camaro with 2 of these running off a ab amp and its insane.. the bass is so clear and hard hitting everything that i see shakes violently i couldnt even tell what kind of cart was drivin down the road at us.

I can take care of that for ya OP....Send me some dimensions via PM and I will get you a quote back.....It will be NO WHERE near $350......

I've built boxes for these subs as well most builders like myself won't give yor specs for a box free And there are a few of ur that will build and ship it to you if you like

Indeed, several of us can build/ship you an enclosure if that is your choice. Our price is $200 shipped with a double baffle w/flush mounting and other extras in that price.

We can also do a design for you if you want to save a few bucks and build it on your own.

dimension of? the box? i have no idea what size i need how much air space ab doesnt even have anything on there website about these subs. i know just as much as a newby does.

What would be needed to get a design or an enclosure would be a few basic things.

1. Year/Make/Model of your vehicle

2. Available space for an enclosure... Maximum Height x Width x Depth.

3. What are your goals for the system

4. What kind of music do you listen to

What he said ^^^^^..........If you decide to have a custom one built I can have one sitting at your front door by Wednesday January 9th if you are in Cleveland, OH just let me know....thanks

i see. i think i have around amost 7-9 cf of space in my trunk. 07 charger, i want a daily driver not into doing spl comps just want a daily driver that hit hard, i listen to hip hop rap almost all the time.

I would do a wedge shaped enclosure and allow it to contour the back seat and it wont have to be as deep and take up the entire trunk.....Those XFLs will do a lot better if you can get them in at least 4 cubes net for the pair and that will be a pretty large enclosure so hugging the back seat will save on some depth....

Like the box below...

20121228_193215.jpg

Even with hugging the back of the seat it might be a tight squeeze to make it all fit with out sealing off the trunk/cabin with the enclosure. Been a while since I have worked on a charger, but I do remember we did a newer one with 2 12s ported and it had to be built to sit over the wheel tubs in the back.

Yeah the last Charger box I built was for a single Havoc 12"...It was 3 cubes net and if I remember correctly you have a decent amount of height if you keep the width at 32.5" and stay between those small wheel tubs in the trunk.....I also done one a while back for a single Mayhem 15" but on his we done sub up/port back.....He can surely pull it off....I know one of us can make those XFLs sound better than that pre-fab any day of the week...lol

thats a pretty nifty design there. they wont interfear with each other if they dont have their own enclosure? so your talkin around 2 cubes each sub around there? yea a guy a a local car shop said the box for these xfls would take up almost all of my trunk space. lol there would be no way to put it into my trunk id have to take apart the back seat and everything and slide it through, and your sayin the back of the box will be at a angle to fit snug with the angle of my back seat? i thought subs sound better if you put them closer to your rear of your trunk, correct me if im wrong lol. maybe it doesnt matter? i look at my sub box and it was cheaply made pre fab bought it for like $70 just to get it started,can see the spacer between each enclosure dosent even fit snug with top and botton plate of the box, the only thing that looks good is the caulking sealing around the corners haha. but held off on gettin a box made cuz these guys want nearly $350 to build without taxes included in the price... lol

Honestly, if you did subs up and port to the side(or back) you could slide it in the car pretty easily I would think, just takes up a good bit of room. I would think making it slide over the the small tubs in the back allowing the enclosure to be wider would make it fit pretty nice.

I have a local that has one of my old enclosures out of my BMW in his Charger trunk....I can have him drop by and take a few measurements if you are interested......thanks and let me know.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.